Edit: there are actually limitations to where a flag can be placed, and it seems it still needs an item independent from the shelf that the flag can be anchored to (in my case, it was anchored to the upper floor that I'm using as a roof). Zimrino has done some further testing and posted the results below.
I just unlocked the Blue Ridge Caravan flag (after I don't even know how many Riding Shotgun runs at this point – I've already gotten two backpack plans and the outfit, still waiting for the gas mask) and I really wanted to hang it from my porch's ceiling. Obviously this isn't normally possible, but being pretty familiar with CAMP building at this point, I figured I could find a way to pull it off if I started trying a bunch of things.
As it turns out, the smaller clean metal shelves will act as a support for flags, but the flag won't be anchored to them, so when you scrap the shelf the flag stays in place. Theoretically, this means you can place a flag anywhere you want. It might also work for many or all of the other wall decorations, but I only tested with flags. This may already be a known trick, but I've seen a lot of videos with CAMP building tips and never seen anyone mention this, so as soon as I found it I knew I had to share it here.
Update: just tried messing with it some more to see if it would work with wall mounted lights, and sadly it does not. You can get them to show up green on the shelf at the perfect angle, but it says it either needs support or is intersecting.
- Presenting the definitive CBQOL (CAMP Builders Quality of Life) items wishlist
- What if we had the option to turn items we scrap into C.A.M.P. items?
- A few of the interesting things I’ve seen from Shelters on the PTS
More about FalloutPost: "Just found a trick to place a flag anywhere (or in my case, hang it from the ceiling)" specifically for the game Fallout. Other useful information about this game:
- Fallout 4 on Xbox close to unplayable. Is this normal?
- If you are on PS4 and enjoy creative adventures in shelters like Mazes, Challenge Rooms, Escape Rooms, Jumping puzzles, Trivia Quizzes, Guided Narrative Experiences, Etc Etc, Im looking for Groups/Individuals to “test run” my shelters…for science!
- Lessens from a Level 100 Noob
- 2. Back in the Saddle
- In defense of FO4 Father’s “You wouldn’t understand” line
Top 7 NEW Games of February 2021
Looking for something new to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch in February 2021? Here are the notable video game releases.
Top 20 NEW Open World Games of 2021
2021 will bring us tons of open world games for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Switch, and beyond. Here's what we're looking forward to.