Content of the article: "No flow on the rodeo"
I get constant ping ingame (min 9 – max 17) with no fluctuation. 99 rating on the EA connection quality test, but the game is still a wheel of fortune.
I´m a drummer, a juggler and a golfer. I know rythm, i trained my hand eye coordination and i read Sun Tzu (- ;
Playing fifa 21 ruins that skill set.
You never know if input is registered and executed correctly and this fact kills my flow.
The game feels like a sequence of quick time events where you have to literally guess the correct moment for input.
Imagine you try to juggle in a world where physics change from one moment to another complete random. You may argue that a good juggler could compensate and i agree, but only to a certain degree.
Fifa 21 creates situations where you have zero chances to react proper and thats the reason why you end up playing drop back brute force thru balls spamming, if you are looking for wins.
NOW WHY IS THAT ?
It´s the netcode! EA is not able to handle crappy instable internet connections properly. They thought they could and the result was all the visible bullshit you know from the fifa fails video.
These videos are a serious problem for EA because they display all the issues, even for someone who had never played a fifa game in his life.
EA beeing EA, did what they always do, they try to masquerade the problems.
And here is how they do it:
They went back to the old frame buffer code resulting in a mushy unresponsive, but at least more stable gameplay. Input lottery is still a problem, because even the frame buffer method has it´s limits.
EA allows players with pretty poor connections, high ping, high packet loss, a lot of jitter, to play online, but has no idea how to solve the problems that are caused by those unstable connections.
I´m not going to explain how some people abuse this situation to gain an unfair advantage by manipulating their connection…
So next time you get frustrated by the game remember, chances are good you got screwed by the netcode.
- Have you ever been hit with persistent delay that almost never goes away?
- All these gratitude posts are not enough. Start being constructive.
- Disconnects need to be fixed/acknowleged…something.
More about FIFA 20Post: "No flow on the rodeo" specifically for the game FIFA 20. Other useful information about this game:
- 433(2) Guide!!! Play WHOEVER you want! Go Up a Rank in Weekend League!!! (Accidentally deleted)
- What is the point with all this “Acessibility” settings if EA is going to release something as the “Cushion” ball?
- Finally got the defence sorted in Fifa 21
- History Professor’s First Owner RTG: I packed RB Mbappe
- MARKET TRENDS/ MARKET OVERVIEW V 18 – Post Black Friday
- How to stay motivated and keep having fun?!
- A review of the level 15 reward player Andrés Tello: a box to box beast
- “Fuck the counterattack” – the tactics.
- TEAM USA ROAD TO ELITE WEEKEND LEAGUE RECAP – SETTING THE PACE
- PROJECT TEAM OF THE YEAR!
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.