Content of the article: "We have had good compensation in the past, so why can’t we receive it now?"
Reading over the whole gil debacle has left me reflecting on a couple of other standout scenarios, as a long-time player and lurker on this subreddit. I want to highlight them because I think it paints an interesting comparison to how this situation is being handled. (or maybe you don't find it an interesting comparison, but at least it's a little trip down memory lane
1) The hackers who gifted players 5000 lapis:
Important to note here is that all players were allowed to keep the 5000 free lapis since it "did not affect any users negatively", along with another 900 lapis, other small goodies, and event extensions as compensation for the emergency maintenance.
2) When the iOS update was blocked(?) by the App Store, and iOS players were unable to play for days:
This is an interesting example because the compensation was pretty good (arguably could have been better) AND was distributed specifically to iOS users (i.e. the negatively affected group of players). Of course, a bunch of non-iOS players emulated an iOS system to also get the reward, but that's more exploitation than anything else.
What can we take away from these in the scope of the current situation?
- There is absolutely a precedent for targeted compensation based on specific users. I would be surprised if there is no script that can check if a user had spent SOON coins in the given time period the Towers were active. Even if that information can't be separated out, providing compensation that is fair for those who did not get Towers would not negatively affect those who already exploited the mistake.
- The response to these situations, situations that are NOT caused by Gumi themselves, far outdoes the response of situations that are directly in their own control (generally speaking). There's a significant difference between asking for understanding when something is not within your control, and asking for understanding because you screwed up. This situation is the latter, at least as far as the end user (players) are able to tell.
- Reading the comments on those old situations helps to paint a picture on what the community response looks like when Gumi's response is adequate. The current response to the gil situation is not even close to adequate.
The overall moral for me is still the same in that I'm very disappointed, but I figured this may be of interest to some people. We should absolutely expect better from Gumi because they've demonstrated they have the ability to meet player expectations in the past, despite a poor track record.
- PLEASE FIX – Illegal boosting in ranked games
- Suggestion to Gumi about current situation…
- What this mean so far.
© Post "We have had good compensation in the past, so why can’t we receive it now?" for game Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!