Content of the article: "Fortnite and mental health"
Friendly PSA for Fortnite players.
Mental Health > Fortnite.
A little information regarding Burnout in Esports and identity
Athlete burnout is a syndrome of continual training and sport attention stress, resulting in staleness, overtraining and, eventually, burnout. Many athletes experiencing burnout report feeling trapped by circumstances of sports participation.
Signs and symptoms of burnout include: • Leveling off or diminished performance or conditioning, including strength and stamina losses and chronic fatigue * Physiological signs such as having a higher resting heart rate and blood pressure * Cognitive issues such as difficulty in concentration, diminished work in school or forgetfulness * Illnesses as a result of suppressed immune system * Emotional issues such as disinterest, moodiness and irritability * Low self-esteem, increased anxiety and depression as a result of falling short of sport demands or the personal demands that you put on yourself. * Best methods to prevent and treat athlete burnout: Rest and time away from sports
- Problems with concentration, memory or ability to think clearly
- Changes in eating (overeating or loss of appetite)
- Unable to complete tasks
- Feeling overly worried
- Feeling sad, empty, hopeless or worthless
- Sensitivity to sound, sight, smell and touch
- Irritability and restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities you previously enjoyed
- Withdrawn or disconnected from others
- Feeling like your brain is playing tricks on you (hearing knocking, scratching, name being called)
- Changes in energy level and sleep patterns (sleeping during the day and awake at night)
Fornite is very similar to other professional sports, where someone can have their entire identity wrapped up in how well they perform at the game. Take someone like Bugha for example, if this man does not place in the top 5 of every game mode, we will see a Reddit thread talking about Bugha being washed. Now imagine how impactful that is, knowing that you need to perform well week in and week out in order to stay relevant. But Bugha is already established and can be content with the placements that he has. Imagine if you are someone who is trying to climb the ranks and make a name for yourself. Every tournament is THE tournament where you prove yourself. But this is a game of RNG, yes you can practice and perfect your drops and you’re rotations and learn to control some variables, but you cannot control everything, and at the end of the day you live by the RNG you die by the RNG.
Ways to help yourself.
1. Don’t be afraid to take a break, it might be exactly what you need. 2. Eat healthy food 3. Get a good night sleep 4. Go outside and get fresh air and sunlight (vitamin D is very helpful in the prevention of Depression) 5. Understand that you are more than your placement in Fortnite Tournaments. 6. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. We see professional athletes taking care of their own mental health. Dak Prescott, Kevin Love, Michael Phelps, Andrew Luck,Abby Wambach and many more, strong, brave, courageous, Men and Women have acknowledged their own limitations and needed guidance and help to understand their own mental health.
So I encourage all of you to put yourselves first and understand that everyone has mental health, just as everyone has physical health. And asking for help is not weakness, it is in fact, one of the most courageous things you can do.
Be good my fellow Fortnite Comp family, and be good to yourselves.
- Let’s talk about “griefing” in tournaments
- Official Broadcast vs Viewing Party
- Fortnite Daily News – 7/20/2020
More about FortnitePost: "Fortnite and mental health" specifically for the game Fortnite. Other useful information about this game:
- Got a pretty weird loadout that I’m gonna recommend for ventures and even regular missions if you’ve got the heroes for it.
- MSK progress
- Megathread: Chapter 2 – Season 5 Launch
- Megathread: Nexus War Post-Event Discussion
- My thoughts on the season
- Great Drop spots like tilted and stark are bad for the game lowkey
- Galactus Event First Phase Theory [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]
- Megathread: Nexus War Live Event
- Poor moderation and issues on this subreddit
- If you are playing in public Frostnite lobbies, make sure to take care of your Constructor
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.