Content of the article: "Endless Mode is lacking"
I love Frostpunk, don't get me wrong, but the endless mode for the game is seriously lacking. I came up with some improvements to Endless (and the game as a whole), so here you are.
- Safe Routes with Settlements on Endless. Makes hazards like Steam Cores Seizing, Brittle Steel and Generator Congestion a lot easier to deal with.
- Outpost 11 as a Steel/Steam Core Settlement. Could be nerfed with some kind of story line involving freeing them- maybe x2 resources that you have to send, perhaps half trust and favour gain.
- More events in the city- resource abundance could lead to thefts, food could be tainted, a society that pulls a few strings from behind the scene.
- Harsher & randomized storms- mostly for late game, to solve the issue of boredom when you get to the point of pure autonomy.
- Longer, more frequent hazards. Not just after every storm for five days, makes Settlements (and safe routes) much more important.
- Outposts and upgrades. Not like the New Home/Winterhome variants, much more expensive and less yield, for when you run out of deposits (coal mine, steelworks, wall drill) and still plan to expand.
- Administration can unsign laws. Every week or so (maybe even month), the Administration building can unsign laws, at the cost of a high discontent rise.
- The colder workplaces are, the less efficient the workers. Even if it's just a decrease of 1% per worker, per heat level, its still enough to encourage to take good care of your citizens.
- Faith debuff. I love the Faith tree, but the Order tree pales in comparison to it.
- Buff Order. Self explanatory.
- Add the safety tree to Pioneers mode.
- Add Nobles into the Frostland and the starting population.
- Add disasters. Things like fires (to recreate Winterhome), mine/wall drill collapses (could go with saftey tree), Generator Malfunctions.
- Safety requirements, perhaps tied with cold temperature.
- For the Rifts map, perhaps adding extra wall drill slots in between the islands.
- After every storm, make the Frostlands more dangerous for the scouts, but give greater rewards.
- Lastly, Scouts take longer to travel depending on the temperature- adding some resemblance of strategy to scouting locations.
This is what I've got so far, any suggestions would be appreciated.
- The Army Warehouse is the main fail of this DLC (also, other critics of this DLC, possible spoilers
- On the Edge’s Gameplay Infodump
- Endless mode needs… Something
© Post "Endless Mode is lacking" for game Frostpunk.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!