Content of the article: "Am I destined to dislike AC Odyssey? It looks so promising."
(Posted in this sub, as r/patientgamers said it belongs here.)
So, for some backstory, I'm a massive fan of Ancient Greece (history in general), open world RPG games (Witcher 3 is my fave game ever) and any game that involves dialogue options (Fallout New Vegas. I also really enjoyed AC1 and Black Flag (the only 2 I played).
On paper, this game looked like my dream game. I found it on sale and took the dive. I've made it about 3-4 hours into the game, to where you leave the initial area on your ship, but I keep bouncing off of it.
No joke, I've tried 5 separate times to get into it again since initially dropping off. I really want to like this game and I don't wanna come across as bashing it – the world is INCREDIBLE and some of the moments I've had exploring on horseback have been pure gaming gold.
I can't quite place exactly what keeps me bouncing off what looks like my dream game on paper, but I have come up with these points:
– Bad voice acting. I picked Kassandra since people seemed to say she was stronger. Is this something I just need to get used to or is the voice acting in this game known to improve later on? For reference, I'm not expecting RDR2, but even something like Skyrim/Fallout 4 is fine.
– Unenjoyable combat: I'm hoping this is just a learning curve or because I'm low level, but enemies feel like damage sponges, and the combat seems to lack the weight I'm hoping for.
– Generic quest design: so far most of my time has been spent fetching things, clearing bandit camps etc. Does this improve or get more creative?
– Poor animations: again this isn't be a deal breaker but it seems like everything in this game feels very rough. I played Fallout 3 multiple times though, so I could look past this.
Would you recommend me push through or just give up on this game? Additionally, I was going to get Origins after this game as my next patient purchase, but now I'm worried. Is Origins basically the same game with the same pros/cons?
TL;DR: I keep bouncing off AC Odyssey, has anyone had a similar experience and ended with enjoying it in the end?
- Anyone else go back and play both FO3 and FO:NV due to Covid? I did… and I’m absolutely shocked at how badly New Vegas has aged.
- Just finished Fallout 4, and I found the experience to be… AWESOME
- What games should I buy and why?
© Post "Am I destined to dislike AC Odyssey? It looks so promising." for game Gaming News.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!