Content of the article: "AMA: We made Spellbreak, a free magic combat multiplayer with PC/PS4/Xbox/Switch cross-progression that just launched and already has 4 million players! Ask us anything!"
We're Proletariat Inc, the developers of Spellbreak; the free-to-play, multiplayer action-spellcasting game that launched earlier this month with cross-play and cross-progression on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. Since launch day, we've welcomed over 4 million new players into The Hollow Lands, with thousands more dropping in every day. We were in active development with our community for the last 2 years of Alpha and Closed Beta testing, and while the game’s current focus is Battle Royale, we believe that this is a game mode—not our genre—and more modes are on the way.
Our team has worked on games like Asheron's Call, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings Online, City of Heroes, Infinite Crisis, League of Legends, Rock Band franchise installments, and more. Our studio's previous titles include World Zombination and Streamline.
We're here for the next two hours (5-7PM EDT) to answer any questions you may have about Spellbreak. We’d love to talk about what it took to ship a game under quarantine, how and why we shipped on four platforms from day one, and what it’s been like to develop directly with our community for several years.
Joining us today:
- Jesse Kurlancheek (Design Director & Co Founder): /u/proletariat_sloth Entering my 21st year of professional game development. After making MMOs for 8 years, went into game startups and never left. At Proletariat, I spend my time talking with y’all, making new gameplay for Spellbreak with Ogles, and designing and managing the game’s copious data. Twitter: u/kurlancheek
- Cardell Kerr (Executive Producer): /u/proletariat_dell2000 I’ve had the pleasure of working in games for about 2 decades, with a focus on multiplayers games. My past games include MMOs and MOBAs, and now… Spellbreak! I spend my days coordinating the team, and ensuring that we hit the goals we set for ourselves. Twitter: u/dell2000
- Damon Ianuzelli (Art Director & Co Founder): /u/Superskooper I have the pleasure of working with a super talented team of Proletariat artists who create the visuals for Spellbreak from concept through final execution.
- Jennie Hsu (Producer): /u/proletariat_jennie Began my career in the games industry over five years ago when I joined Proletariat. Spent my first two years in Community management, supporting the World Zombination and Streamline communities and content creators before joining the production team during Spellbreak’s pre production phase. Currently focused on Spellbreak’s cosmetics production pipelines, managing the various processes and planning required to bring our team’s gorgeous cosmetic content to the players. Twitter: u/Jennie_Hsu
- Toby Ragaini (Content Director): /u/proletariat_asheron I’ve had the good fortune to be able to create games over my 25 year career as a designer, creative leader, and entrepreneur. My goal at Proletariat is to provide exciting and compelling content direction that inspires and informs the chapters, cosmetics, and world building teams.
- Seth Sivak (CEO & Co Founder): /u/proletariat_seth Started as a gameplay engineer that moved into design, product and production. On Spellbreak I focus on overall creative vision, design, product, and narrative. Twitter: u/sjsivak
- Rach McCourt (Quality Assurance Lead) /u/ProleRach: I’m a QA lifer with 6 years in the game industry. I previously worked at Harmonix and Disruptor Beam, focused primarily on live development/games as a service. At Proletariat, I organize and drive the testing of Spellbreak and facilitate the QA department’s growth.
- Andy Belford (Director of Community & Player Support): /u/proletariat_andy I’m a long time community professional who has built and managed community for games such as Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Online, City of Heroes, and League of Legends.
Quick links to check out:
- A Quick Look at the Starcraft II Lead Developers
- Bethesda’s development process. What is it?
- AMA We are Nodding Heads Games! The studio behind Indie Action Adventure Game Raji: An Ancient Epic. The game is based on Indian Mythology. 11 am – 12 pm (noon) ET.
© Post "AMA: We made Spellbreak, a free magic combat multiplayer with PC/PS4/Xbox/Switch cross-progression that just launched and already has 4 million players! Ask us anything!" for game Gaming News.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!