Big waves today as Microsoft has announced the shutdown of Mixer and reportedly with little notice to its Partners and Staff. I can't imagine the decisions that need to be made by the Mixer folks right now. With that said, here's an outline for applying for Partner on Twitch as it may relate to people thinking about coming over to Twitch during this shakeup. Also, there are additional pathways for securing your place on Twitch via its Achievement process.
Partner General Guidelines
Twitch takes a holistic approach to Partner applicants and are looked at on a case-by-case basis. The three primary factors they look at are your:
- Average concurrent viewership
- Stream frequency and schedule
And to round it all out,
Make sure you tell us a little bit about your channel and community as well as any other achievements that you think are relevant to your Partnership application. You can also include your social media accounts to help us evaluate your application.
Link to sign up: https://www.twitch.tv/partner/signup
Now it should be noted that these are just guidelines. In the case where one is coming from Mixer and is unfortunately not accepted into the Twitch Partner program, there is an additional pathway for Partner consideration by way of Achievements.
This is a leveling up process for creators to grow and establish themselves through set goals. The first of these is the Path to Affiliate.
Affiliate requirements are for a broadcaster to attain within a rolling 30 day period:
- Reach 50 followers
- Stream for 8 hours
- Stream on 7 different days
- Average of 3 viewers (concurrent viewership including hosts and raids)
The next step is the Path to Partner with these last few requirements:
- Stream for 25 hours
- Stream on 12 different days
- Average of 75 viewers (concurrent viewership excluding hosts, raids and embeds)
It should be noted that as before, Partnership is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and completing the Path to Partner is not a guarantee that you will be accepted into the Partner Program.
For those coming over to Twitch either for the first time or coming back in general (and perhaps because Father's Day was just yesterday), we wish you the best of luck.
- Welcome Mixer peeps! We’re glad to have you! Here’s a small guide on the changes you’ll see.
- Eve Partnership Program – Officially Sanctioned RMT? – CCP Supports People Being Ran Over?
- What is twitch like as a community?
More about Gaming NewsPost: "An Outline of Avenues For Twitch Partnership" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Coming Soon. We won’t hit our June 19th release date for Starfighter General, but I want to share you some techs that will be in updates over the next year.
- The Lion’s Song, a first point-and-click that I liked
- Lost Ark Information and Controversy. Civilized and friendly discussion (Long Thread)
- Didn’t think I’d like a card-game until I played Slay The Spire
- Some thoughts about dealing with a huge backlog
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.