'Battlefield Portal is a new mode in Battlefield 2042, created by Ripple Effect Studios
Battlefield Portal Includes:
- Content From:
- Battlefield 1942
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
- Battlefield 3
- Remastered Maps:
- Battle of the Bulge <1942>
- El Alamein <1942>
- Arica Harbor
- Caspian Border
- Noshahr Canals
- 2042's Standard Maps:
- + Shared Progression With Standard BF2042
- 40+ Weapons
- 30+ Gadgets
- 40+ Vehicles
'In an interview with Game Rant, Ripple Effect Studios general manager Christian Grass said that Portal will offer content from multiple different Battlefield games. Players will be able to use weapons, vehicles, gadgets, and even maps from Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 to build their own creations. Better yet, all of the maps and assets from the classic Battlefield games the Portal mode pulls from have been updated for the modern era. They're reimagined in the Frostbite engine, with the map layouts kept as close to the originals as possible. In the case of maps from Battlefield 1942, destruction physics have even been added to the experience.'
'When you fire up the mode come 22nd October 2021, you will be able to select from DICE-created experiences, community-generated modes, or dive straight into the editor yourself. If you find the editing suite a little intimidating, tutorials will be on hand to help you out. One of the coolest aspects is that you can upload your custom logic, and it can then be edited by other creators. The original version isn't overwritten when that happens, however. New files are made so that every piece of logic can be accessed.'
'Inside the mode itself, Game Rant described the ability to drastically alter how the battle plays out — even down to the era of soldiers on the field. Players will select a game mode and then have the freedom to change out a variety of rules on a team-by-team basis.
'Game Rant specifically called out the ability to force a team of World War II soldiers from Battlefield 1942 to battle against the modern specialists of Battlefield 2042. There are some key limitations here, however, with players unable to mix multiple armies into the same team. Gadgets from the different eras won’t be individually balanced either, so players will need to find their own ways to balance game modes that mash up timelines.'
'Finally, there’s the Portal Rules Editor, which lets players further customize their creations with some light visual programming. Game Rant offered a few examples of how players can tweak their modes, like granting players health or swapping their weapons after getting several kills. These custom-built rulesets can be shared with the community, letting players who only love to organize a map pick up logic from someone else, perfecting their creation without needing to program anything.''
'Player-made modes will be discoverable in the Battlefield Portal menu (it's included as part of Battlefield 2042), and EA will highlight popular player-made modes and also host its own custom game types. You'll be able to host instances of your own modes, or other modes you like, either publicly or just for you and your friends. '
'Game Rant also confirmed that DICE and Ripple Effect Studios will continue to support Portal after launch, adding new content to the customization engine as it comes to Battlefield 2042’s other game modes.'
- British Army + Wehrmacht
- US Army + Russian Army
- USMC + Russian Army
- M4 Sherman, M10 Wolverine, M2 HMG Stationary, B-17 Bomber, Spitfire, M3 Halftrack, Willys MB, 40mm AA Stationery, Panzer IV, Tiger I, BF-109, Ju-87, Kubelwagen, KFZ-251 Halftrack, MG42 Stationary, Flak 38 Stationary
- M3A3, M1A2, M1114, UAV-1 ,Quad Bike ,T-90 ,UH-60 ,KORD HMG Stationary, 9M113 Kornet Stationary
- M1114, M1151 ITV, AMTRAC, RHIB, M1A2, LAV-25, LAV-AD, UH-60, AH-6J, AH-64, F/A-18, Centurion Stationary, M220 TOW Stationary, VDV Buggy, 3937 Vodnik, T-90, BMP-2, Tunguska, Z-11W, Mi-28, Su-35BM, 9M133 Kornet Stationary, Pantsir-S1 Stationary
- Exppack, Binoculars, Landmine, Medkit, Wrench
- Ammo Box, Repair Tool, Medkit, AT Mine, Defibrillator, RPG-7, Mortar Strike, M136 AT4, C4, Motion Sensor
- SOFLAM, Claymore, Ammo Box, SMAW, RPG-7V2, FIM-92 Stinger, SA-18 Igla, FGM Javelin, Defibrillator, C4, Repair Tool, EOD Bot, AT Mine, T-UGS, MAV
- M1911, K98, Tompson, K98, M1 Garand, No.4 Sniper, Walther P38, Bazooka, MP40, STG-44, Panzerschreck, Grenade, BAR1918, Knife
- M93R, SPAS-12, G3, AN-94, AKS-74U, M16A2, M416, M60, M240B, Type 88, MP412 Rex, PP-2000, MP443, XM8 Prototype, M1911, XM8 Compact, XM8 LMG, M24 Sniper, Tompson, Knife, M1 Garand, Frag Garand, GOL Sniper, Magnum
- P39R, P90, DAO-12, ACW-R, AS VAL, M98B, G3A3, M416, A-91, SCAR-H, AKS-74U, MP412 REX, M39 EMR, MP443, SVD, M1911, SPAS-12, Type 88, AN-94, PP-2000, M16A3, Knife, M50E4, M67 Grenade
- Gamerant just leaked all the details of Battlefield portal before EA play
- Somewhere in an alternate universe
- Battlefield 6 ?
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Battlefield 2042: Portal" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Nintendo Switch Online is detrimental to Nintendo and consumers alike. I’m done “settling” with Nintendo Switch Online and you should too
- Darksiders 3 , A a game that is very confused on what it really wants to be
- Borderlands humor & writing is bad
- Dying Light’s parkouring system and how the game encourages players to use it.
- The Greatest Multiplayer Game No One Remembers
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.