Content of the article: "Can we stop trusting Blizzard’s numbers about Shadowlands yet? This is just sad."
Not sure how aware you guys are but in the music industry the name of the game is to conflate your streams on sites like Spotify or Apple Music with bundles and packages so it counts toward total “album sales” without an actual album being purchased or streamed, so this allows further blurring of the lines behind what’s real or fake.
Same thing happening with Trump calling out fake news or all the “bots” you see posting very vile political messages in hope that it’ll turn actual real voters to think a certain way.
The market behind “impressions” is heavily manipulated by bots and fake clicks and likes and that same market is what MMOs use to show sales figures.
It used to be that Blizzard was proud of publicly announcing their subscriber count but they pulled it because their Activision merger absolutely gutted the company of its original intent and since then we’ve been seeing most games on the platform go downhill in favor of cash shop-type, more loot box-type games.
Blizzard has claimed recently that Shadowlands has received the highest amount of “impressions and subscribers” since any other expansion which is absolutely horse shit.
At the peak WoW was at 15 million subscribers back in WoTLK before Cataclysm ironically halved that subscriber count. Every expansion since has continued towards this trend of decline, to the point where the market isn’t even MMO centered anymore so to say that in 2020, fucking Shadowlands of all expansions is bringing back those 15 million subscribers or more is absolutely absurd.
These numbers are just as much conflated as every other industry that practices manipulation of impressions or clicks/likes/streams but now it’s subscribers.
You don’t have to believe me off this post alone but do your research on this topic, even on reddit there’s heavy voter manipulation and content that’s pushed by bots to create narratives. This is the world we live in now, and we have to be aware of the methods companies and governments use to trick the average consumer into thinking something is bigger than it actually is.
- You NEED to be able to purchase Hearthstone’s “Tavern Pass” with something rather than real money. (like almost EVERY SINGLE other “big game” with a Battle Pass).
- If it makes me a scrub, so be it; I think every competitive shooter should have a comprehensive bot mode
- Why do some people hate Diablo 3 even years after its release?
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Can we stop trusting Blizzard’s numbers about Shadowlands yet? This is just sad." specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- [SIB] Persona 4 Golden if I kind of struggled with P5
- GTA Liberty City Stories deserves better.
- Limited Sprinting in Open World Games.
- Integrating Spotify with Games
- SIB Hades as a diehard action roguelite fan?
- How my v1 PSVR is hooked up to avoid cable-swapping and retain HDR
- Empire of Sin – Review Thread
- Recently finished Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
- how to get invested into video games? how to enjoy a game?
- pcgaming is looking for new mods!
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.