Content of the article: "Crysis unofficial remaster fan project got ” secretly” shut down by Crytek"
Here we are.
A man was hard working on porting Crysis 1 to Cryengine V since years as a free fan project.
Now, here is what i discovered on the Crysis Discord :
Now just look at that, the show goes on :
" I can't tell more about this sorry.." It is clear and needs no further explanation
This man got pressure from Crytek due to his work and avoids to talk about that in public. He can't. But i can, and I'm gonna do it with pleasure. They wanted to keep that secret, it will be public instead. How do you feel about that Crytek?
Yes, Crytek owns the IP and can do whatever they want, and that's not the point here.
There are great mods / projects which are against the rules and got authorizations from Crytek. And don't get me wrong, it's a good thing to see them alive. But the real question is : why did they act against this project specifically ? And why did they want to keep that secret?
Crytek, you simply had to tell everyone you wanted to close this project in order to eliminate all competition for your broken " remaster" .
Because we all know the answers. This work wasn't canned because the man was against the " rules" ( some great mods which are allowed don't follow them too as explained) , but because Crytek feared he would have achieved something better than their official remaster. And judging from the pics, it would have been better looking, yes.
He would not have been harmful for them or the Crysis trademark. We're not speaking about a modder who creates cheating mods for an online game here, but about a fan of the franchise who dedicated years of his free time to give a fresh experience.
Years of work turned into dust because of greed. Good move for a company that pretends to be close to its modding community.
The old good Crytek is gone forever and ever. Nothing to add.
- Drawing / Manga Style LoL Fan Art
- Random screenshot since 2016 // feel free to share yours
- New Baptiste Ultimate Fully Covers Almost Every Choke
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Crysis unofficial remaster fan project got ” secretly” shut down by Crytek" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- The Evil Within (2014) is a very underrated and flawed masterpiece
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is boring and a grind fest. I just can’t see what people like in this game.
- Have you been completely obsessed by a game ?
- Best storytelling in video games In my opinion.
- Even 10 months after release, Warcraft III: Reforged is still missing central features of the original game: Ranked Ladder, Clans, Player Profiles, Custom Campaigns
- Persona 5 From a Noob
- Would there be demand for a website for sharing and analyzing control binding preferences for games?
- Machinarium – A charming slice of puzzle adventure gaming let down by a handful of atrocious design choices
- 3 Quick Tl;Dr Android Game Reviews / Recommendations (Episode 152)
- So I bought a Quest 2 and own a PSVR and decided to share my findings (Hear me out)
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.