Content of the article: "Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: killing orcs has never been so much fun"
I think this game is a good time for anyone who likes the gameplay style of Dishonoured or Prey. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is one of the early games by the same company that made those. If you can get past the somewhat dated graphics, you’ll find Dark Messiah shares a lot of the same qualities.
It's a first person action game, with large fantasy world areas to explore and find secrets in. Players can be very creative with the tools they're given when fighting and there's lots of viable combat styles. I played a sword and board character and it was honestly the best melee combat in any game I’ve played except Dark Souls. Positioning, timing and strike direction counted and there were brutal kill animations. I felt like Conan the Barbarian. You can also be a mage or a thief; I did a bit of both and thought they were fine too. No matter the class you specialize in, the best combat mechanic is kicking enemies and using the environment to your advantage. The levels are usually filled with spikes and fires so for easy kills and laughs you can kick enemies into these. Some of the levels are along cliffs so dispatching enemies can be a case of 'kick, over the edge you go'.
The story itself is fine, nothing special, a typical save the world from an evil demon type thing set in a world of castles, orcs, goblins and necromancers. You start out as nobody, get thrown into the action, then go on missions to desert islands, orc fortresses, evil lairs, etc. Sometimes you’ll be accompanied by NPCs. The main thing interesting to me about the story was that early on you’ll be possessed by a demon who will talk to you throughout the rest of the game, they’ll try to persuade you to take the evil path and delight if you do naughty things. There are also some sequences involving giant monsters that change the pace of the game and a few possible endings depending on whether you want to be good or bad.
- Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, a time machine to 00’s
- Does an MMO with good action combat actually exist? While still being more than just the combat?
- What games should I buy and why?
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: killing orcs has never been so much fun" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- The Evil Within (2014) is a very underrated and flawed masterpiece
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is boring and a grind fest. I just can’t see what people like in this game.
- Have you been completely obsessed by a game ?
- Best storytelling in video games In my opinion.
- Even 10 months after release, Warcraft III: Reforged is still missing central features of the original game: Ranked Ladder, Clans, Player Profiles, Custom Campaigns
- Persona 5 From a Noob
- Would there be demand for a website for sharing and analyzing control binding preferences for games?
- Machinarium – A charming slice of puzzle adventure gaming let down by a handful of atrocious design choices
- 3 Quick Tl;Dr Android Game Reviews / Recommendations (Episode 152)
- So I bought a Quest 2 and own a PSVR and decided to share my findings (Hear me out)
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.