Content of the article: "Fighting games are hard and that’s why they’re amazing"
Now I’m 100% biased in this post so take everything I say with a grain of salt but I still think what I have to say is meaningful
I love fighting games I’m into practically any fighting game if I see it I want it doesn’t matter if it’s smash, dbfz or tekken a big part of fighting games is competition and with fighting games specifically it’s one of the hardest genres of games due to numerous factors but I hate seeing developers dumb it down
to put in blankly I suck at fighting games like really suck big time my highest gsp in smash is around 2 I’m still an ultra bronze even though I played for over three years I only have 5 wins in tekken for goodness sakes the only fighting game I’d say I’m competent in is dbfz and that’s pushing it
Now I’m not one to rage at when a game gets more simple for newcomers I think that’s fine and dandy the fighting game community practically creates depth but what I hate is when people complain about them being too hard but to me that’s the appeal when I’m in a losing streak against an opponent much better than me and I happen to squeeze out one win I feel complete like I just crossed a big hurdle
The truth is I haven’t always really loved fighting games I thought they were fun and okay but I didn’t love them I couldn’t do inputs and got really frustrated until I looked through my games library bored when I came upon sfv I remember playing at launch and wasn’t impressed because I couldn’t do any inputs so I gave up I booted up the game and played around in training mode trying all the characters out until I did it a hadouken my first successful input I felt so good I did it again and again and again I swear I might of say their for 10 minutes spamming the shit cause I was so proud of myself and from then on I made it a mission a rather small one actually it was just to do every command input in the game it was rather simple but for me who could only do the hadouken it was a real challenge and I kept making personal missions on different fighting games as well to a normal fighting game player it seems pointless because I suck so much but to me it was truly a magical experience
- Why do traditional Fighting Games still struggle with popularity?
- Sakurai’s character design philosophy seems to have changed, but in a good way
- Why is the FGC so hated in the Smash community?
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Fighting games are hard and that’s why they’re amazing" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Finished Dead space 2
- Participants wanted for a study on horror game experiences; be entered into a draw for 1 of 2 $50 CAD Amazon gift card upon completion (only if you want to be entered)
- Looking for my first MMORPG, any suggestions? (PC)
- Happy Gamesgiving!
- Tyranny – better than Pillars (slight spoilers)
- People without a PS5 is suffering from FOMO – and it’s not healthy.
- How can each gamer archetype avoid disappointment with a game?
- Play of the Past #2 | Until Dawn [Game Discussion Thread]
- [YSB] Far Cry 5 ($12 on steam, $60 on other platforms)
- How good is Gamepass? A quantitative analysis of 382 Gamepass games
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.