Content of the article: "Hands-on impressions confirm that PSVR on PS5 is receiving only the minimum of support. So here’s a MoveOn.org petition to get Sony to unlock the full potential of the PSVR on PS5! Let’s make something happen!"
With each new bit of information, it seems confirmed that PSVR is going to be supported purely as a legacy device on PS5, and that any improvements will be limited to the built-in advantages of the hardware (smoothing minor framerate dips, some loading improvements). But as of right now, there is currently no support for resolution super-sampling or native high framerates (like the 120fps supported by PSVR) for VR on PS5, much less a PS5-native API available to developers (-PS5 cross-gen games require you to have PS4 versions if you want to play in VR-) for making PSVR games that aren't required to run in backwards-compatibility mode.
At a minimum, PSVR should be getting "boosted" capabilities as a backwards compatible device, with higher framerates and supersampled resolutions in line with what the PS4 Pro offered above the original PS4. In reality, the PSVR should be supported as a native PS5 device, having either proper cross-gen compatible games (ie No Man's Sky PS5 runs in VR, still interfaces with PS4 VR users 1-to-1 with no "2 games" requirement) and perhaps PS5-exclusive titles until a proper PSVR is announced.
If any of this matters to you, then let's do something about it! We need to make sure this issue remains visible to the gaming media, PSVR developers, and most importantly, Sony themselves. So here's a few items to get Sony's attention and make sure they give us the answers and support that the PSVR community deserves.
- MoveOn.org petition: https://sign.moveon.org/petitions/sony-should-fully-support-the-psvr-as-a-playstation-5-device
Here's a way to make our collective voices heard! Please share this and let's get as many signatures as possible to raise awareness on this issue. If Sony can see how loyal and invested we all are in PSVR and PS5, perhaps we won't be stuck with multi-year limbo of token support, and instead get next-gen quality experiences on PSVR ASAP.
- Contact your PSVR developers! Reach out to them on Twitter (particularly those associated with Sony first-party titles like SIE London Studios and Impulse Gear) and get them involved. Find out any feedback they have regarding PSVR support for PS5, tell them that you hope they are allowed to develop new PSVR titles for PS5 and to upgrade performance for current titles running on the system. Here's a few to get you started:
Camouflaj: https://twitter.com/camouflaj Impluse Gear: https://twitter.com/impulsegear Japan Studio: https://twitter.com/sonyjapanstudio Skydance: https://twitter.com/SkydanceInt Beat Games: https://twitter.com/beatgamesstudio Owlchemy Labs: https://twitter.com/owlchemylabs Ian Frazier (Star Wars Squadrons): https://twitter.com/tibermoon First Contact: https://twitter.com/firstcontactent
- Get in touch with VR / Gaming media outlets and let them know your thoughts about what's going on, or share news about the petition! Many of them have been covering the (lack of) PS5 support of PSVR and the recent messaging from Sony on VR's future. If they knew we were organizing to seek better support, I'm sure they'd like to cover it! Here's a few to start with:
https://uploadvr.com/contact-us/ https://arstechnica.com/contact-us/ https://corp.ign.com/contact (select 'News Tips and Content') firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.theverge.com/contact-the-verge email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.vrfocus.com/contact-us/
- Also, here's a quick-and-easy Straw Poll you can respond to: https://strawpoll.com/v9zezjy83/r
This is another data point we can add into the mix to share with media outlets and developers. Make your voice heard and submit a response!
- Finally, if anyone needs to hear our message, it's Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO himself, Jim Ryan: https://twitter.com/jimryansie
Jim has caught some flack recently regarding some sparse / mixed messaging from Sony on various subjects, but in truth I think he deserves a lot of credit. In spite of the challenges from both their competitors and Covid-19, Sony seems to have delivered a fantastic piece of next-gen hardware on time and at a reasonable price point. He also seems committed to maintaining strong support for the PS4, with future titles still in the pipeline and current titles receiving enhanced support on PS5.
What we want is for that same degree of support and enhancement to be available to PSVR users on the PS5, so let's work together and ensure that Jim hears our message! PSVR has not fulfilled its potential and shouldn't remain dormant until PSVR2 arrives. It should receive robust hardware and software support until the transition, and we'll honor that support with our hard earned dollars, and Jim should know this. We don't have to be confrontational, but we do have to be emphatic.
So get out there and make your voice heard! Let's get something done! We deserve it, and so does the PSVR.
- PSVR2 – A hint from Sony themselves ?
- Why are you all satisfied with presumable graphic boost on PS5?
- Wish list prediction: GTA5 launches for PS5 with PSVR support, coinciding with the release new motion controllers from Sony
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Hands-on impressions confirm that PSVR on PS5 is receiving only the minimum of support. So here’s a MoveOn.org petition to get Sony to unlock the full potential of the PSVR on PS5! Let’s make something happen!" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- In the past two weeks I’ve played through 3 games: Donkey Kong 64, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
- Darkstalkers Resurrection is a great compilation, but also a “how not to measure an audience”
- Help me get back into Assassin’s Creed
- Should I give up on practicing competitive multiplayer? Is a growth mindset grounded in reality?
- Frostpunk is like the Dark Souls of city builders.
- The Evil Within (2014) is a very underrated and flawed masterpiece
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is boring and a grind fest. I just can’t see what people like in this game.
- If you’re currently in the market for a good space sim, Elite Dangerous is currently on sale on the Xbox Store for only $8.99! Now that the Horizons expansion is included in the base game, that is an amazing deal!! And with the Odyssey expansion coming in early 2021, now is the best time to join in!
- Have you been completely obsessed by a game ?
- Best storytelling in video games In my opinion.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.