Content of the article: "Hello. Long time gamer, first time PC gamer."
Just wanted to introduce myself and possibly find some like-minded gamer friends on Steam. I've been into video games since I was kid in the 80's, but not obsessively so. My time gaming has waxed and waned over the years depending on the friends, commitments, and overall free time I had. I've had consoles come and go. I currently own a Nintendo Switch, but it's mostly for the kids. This year is the first time I've built a PC and therefore decided to try PC gaming. I still can't do WASD. I have to use a controller or it feels like a chore to play, but that could change given the right game.
Anyway. I'm slowly picking up some of the games that have had the best reviews over the last 5-7 years. I certainly have plenty, but I like to keep an eye out for sales. I'm wondering if anyone here has any other recommendations based on my interests. I prefer story-driven games, and I love small indie or innovative games if they are done well. Here is what I've bought in the last several months and some brief thoughts.
- Ori and the Blind Forest (DE) – I started with this one. I've seen it advertised for a few years and have always been intrigued. The game is beautiful and I loved the music. I'm looking forward to playing the sequel once it comes down in price.
- Star Wars: Fallen Order – I picked this up for my son and I to play over the summer. The opening scene made me realize just how far games have come since I last played with any frequency. The stutters in the game, and troubleshooting that issue, made me miss the ease of a console. Honestly, this was almost as good as a full Star Wars movie. I was super impressed.
- Tomb Raider (2013) – Wow… the Tomb Raider series took a much need turn towards the future. I really enjoyed this one as well. It was a great mix of action (FPS) and adventure (looting and puzzles). Personally, I could have done without the gore, but I seem to be alone in that camp. I just don't need to see someone's head being impaled or fall into a pool of dismembered humans. To me, it adds no value to the already good story.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider – Playing it now, and enjoying it.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider – Have not started.
- Batman (all 4 Arkham games) – I love the Batman story and look forward to these.
- Fallout 4 – I have never played any game from the Fallout series. This looked promising.
- Far Cry 3, 4, 5, and Primal – This looked like a good series to explore. 1 and 2 just looked too old, so I started with 3.
- Just Cause 3 – I've never played any of the Just Cause series either, but it looks like the overwhelming consensus is #3 is the best.
- A Plague Tale – Looks dark, but I'm very intrigued by the story.
- Assassin's Creed III, Origins, and Odyssey – Again, a series I have never played. There are way too many to start at the beginning, so I thought I would just try some of the latest blockbuster hits. III came with one of the other two.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – The first game in this series holds a special place in my heart. It helped me get though some tough times. Out of any game I do not have, this would be the one I'm most looking forward to getting and playing. It's just too expensive at the moment.
- The Witcher 3 – I keep hearing this is a great one, I'm just not sure if I would like it.
- Horizon Zero Dawn – Looks like an amazing game with a great story.
- Death Stranding – I'm intrigued by the story, but it looks like a ton of grind and it's way too expensive right now.
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Certainly looks interesting. GTA on steroids?
P.S. Is it just me, or is Steam unnecessarily complicated? Collectibles, Gems, Workshop… I guess I'm just getting old. Thanks for reading. My Steam Profile
- Just played threw all 5 of the main Fallout games for the first time
- Just completed Rise of the Tomb Raider after over 20h
- What video game franchises lend themselves well to being “deep dived” or binged?
© Post "Hello. Long time gamer, first time PC gamer." for game Gaming News.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!