Content of the article: "Hidden Gem – Orna GPS RPG – Like Pokemon Go with more depth and no microtransactions"
This game is awesome, and I want to quickly share it with the community. I am not affiliated with the developer. Just came upon this a few months ago and it's been a breath of fresh air in the world of microtransactions and pay-to-win stuff.
Imagine something like Pokemon Go, but with a Fantasy theme. It is played using GPS over the real world, and you get to battle against various monsters and bosses. The key difference compared to something like Pokemon Go is that this game really is free. You don't have to pay for balls or weapons or potions, or really anything. You can literally sit back and play this game all day long every day without spending any money. The cash shop is purely cosmetic. If you're familiar with PC Games, Orna is the Path of Exile of Android. Here's a quick list of some of the stand-out features:
– Completely free to play (really)
– Tons of Classes and Specializations (you can be very unique)
– Tons of loot (you can equip what mobs drop)
– Dungeons, Open-world Bosses, Raids
– Guilds with real-time Boss Raiding
– Pets with a purpose (they can assist or do battle along with you)
– PVP Arenas and Guild Wars
– Crafting (you can upgrade the items that you find and break them down for components)
– Building (you can build buildings that assist you in the game)
– Real-GPS Territory Control (capture real-world territory and earn resources from it)
– Fun 16-bit graphics (very well done)
– Active Development (the developer adds new content and features frequently)
If I had to pick any negatives about the game, I'd say that it's a little on the grindy side when you get to higher levels. Starting at around level 170, progression slows down a bit. This is honestly ok and there is so much variety in the world that playing doesn't feel like a chore. However, if you're completely turned off by any sort of grind, then this game isn't for you.
If this all sounds interesting, then you can download the game for free from Google Play. If you'd like to be part of a Guild (they call them Kingdoms in Orna), you are welcome to join ours. We have a Discord Server and we are part of the Frozenguard faction in the game. All levels are welcome! The only real requirement is that you be active in the game (we have daily group dungeons and raids). If you are interested in checking us out, join the Discord Server and we'll get you all setup (we can also answer any questions that you might have about the game). Here are a few real screenshots that I took from the game so that you can get an idea of what it looks like:
- Check this out – Orna: GPS RPG | Available for iPhone & Android
- A Fresh Re-Roll Guild on Heartseeker EST PvP
- Recruiting Join Pilfer league for an active and friendly community. No economy, no pressure. Solo, New, and casual players welcome!
© Post "Hidden Gem – Orna GPS RPG – Like Pokemon Go with more depth and no microtransactions" for game Gaming News.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!