So there's this new FPS game that I really like and feel committed to be good at. I practice everyday, never missing my routine so I can aim better and watch tutorials to improve my gameplay. When gaming, I met this awesome and chill guy who is so good with the game and even if I got wrecked that round he still invites me to play with him, saying it's fine and encourages/coaches me so I can be better.
Some time after I feel that, objectively speaking, I could say that I'm improving even bit by bit whenever I play alone. It got me excited because I thought that at least now I can contribute when I play with him next time and not just be a dead weight needed to be carried. Come next game when I'm with him, I still get wrecked, my KDR is so effing negative. This happens multiple times and every game I play makes me feel more and more ashamed and frustrated.
I always ask him if he still really want to play with me, and he's always okay with it, which makes me feel guiltier each time. I always thought "I promise I'm trying my best but why is it that I can't improve?" This came to the point that I'm so sad and guilty that I don't want to play anymore. Then I feel guiltier because he's always there being positive and always initiating a party invite no matter how much I suck in said FPS. It's agonizing whenever I feel that I should just not play with him so I won't hold him back, but at the same time I really want to play with him. I just don't know what to do anymore. It's like I'm playing for approval, which I don't want to feel because my self confidence is already so low, but at the same time I WANT TO GET HIS APPROVAL. It's nuts.
- Do you ever feel guilty and/or ashamed of yourself for using a walkthrough if you’re struggling with a single-player video game?
- How exactly do I improve my skill with games? ( at the bottom)
- My friends are not good in videogames and I don’t know what to do anymore
More about Gaming NewsPost: "I feel ashamed and guilty playing with a pro gamer because I’m so bad" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- 6 months ago there was an article from Sony, claiming that “single player gaming is thriving”
- My first full experience with the Fallout games: Fallout 3(I posted it on the Fallout subreddit but thought of posting it here as well)
- Final Fantasy VII “Remake” is a bait and switch and Square Enix should have faced real backlash
- AC Revelations is a mixed bag for me.
- Big studios = fewer games, but smaller studios = more games
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.