Content of the article: "I think that The Farewell DLC Episode of Life is Strange:- Before The Storm outshone the main game, at least in terms of emotional impact."
WARNING:- Spoilers for Life is Strange S1 are also here too.
This title might imply that the main game is bad, but it isn't( far from it actually). It had its moments, for example:- The Tempest scene and then Chloe and Rachel hanging out after it ,in Episode 2, Chloe's outburst in the Junkyard in Episode 1 and the start of Episode 3 were moments that stood out a lot. Plus, I had fun playing the tabletop with Mikey and Steph and the backtalk mechanism was good, as it did bring out Chloe's sassy, witty and street-smart attributes.
However,for me, the Farewell episode outshone the main game for two reasons:-
- Chloe and Max, whether you think of the as a couple or as BFFs, have a much deeper and much more intimate relationship between them, as compared to Chloe and Rachel. Chloe and Rachel are more openly romantic but they didn't know each other that well at the start of the game. Also, this game takes place in the span of 3-4 days, so thinking that Chloe and Rachel would be an integral part in each other's lives within that time period seems a bit far-fetched. Also, in LiS S1, Rachel does cheat on Chloe with Frank Bowers. So, Chloe and Rachel isn't as deep as Chloe and Max.
- Personally, I like playing as Max Caulfield more than I like playing as Chloe Price and Farewell DLC episode allowed me to play as Max. It isn't just for the fact that with Max, I get a chance to say "Haha, time rewind powers go brrr". But in the Farewell episode, she doesn't have rewind powers, but I still like playing as her because she is far more verbose and expressive in her monologues, whenever she wants to have a moment to herself, compared to Chloe( who is more outwardly expressive).
I knew what was going to happen when Max was contemplating on how to tell Chloe, about her leaving Seattle or when Chloe remarked that her parents were 'taking longer than usual'. Still, the ending hit me badly. Seeing Max drive away as she takes one last look at Chloe and then the voice tape she left for Chloe was heartbreaking. I cried as much as I cried Sacrifing Chloe in Life is Strange 1. I guess the Bae Ending is in order for my next playthrough.
- It’s been 5 years since I played Life is Strange and now there’s a hole left after Before The Storm
- Life Is Strange: a flawed game that I absolutely love
- Life is Strange:- An emotional rollercoaster intertwined with an interesting concept.
© Post "I think that The Farewell DLC Episode of Life is Strange:- Before The Storm outshone the main game, at least in terms of emotional impact." for game Gaming News.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!