Content of the article: "Let’s discuss valhalla/ubisoft"
Many of you have a somewhat functioning game, allowing you to play the story and explore without any gamebreaking issues. For thousands – maybe tens of thousands(?) – that isn’t the case. It is also true that not a single player has a perfectly running game almost two weeks post launch.
On so many levels this game is broken. Screen tearing, audio/dialogue problems, 15+ story progression/gamebreaking bugs, the list goes on and on.. but the emphasis of this post is not ubisoft releasing an unfinished game. It’s about their complete lack of urgency to restore any faith lost in the community due to every aspect of this horrendous release and fix it.
Gamebreaking bugs are unacceptable. If a player cannot play the story, there is zero point to an AC game. On ubisofts forum (https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81608/reported-issue-megathreads-please-check-here-if-a-thread-exists-for-your-issue-updated-20-11?lang=en-US) they state the known issues with quests. It also goes on to say “not all of these issues are yet recognized by the devs, but will be submitted for investigation once we’ve collected enough information”. The link to their official known issues thread does not mention ANY quest progression bugs besides Seers – which they deployed a hot fix for. Why fix only Seers, when the Settling Down bug stops all progression 30m/1h after Seers?
Bottom line – many of us have been unable to progress the story since launch. Almost two weeks later, there is no official acknowledgement the dev team is even working on/close to a fix for progression bugs. Absolutely zero urgency to save a game at which this point, many of us don’t even play because there is no point. Wasted 60 bucks. From personal experience – .if a player has already spent 45 hours just exploring this sad excuse of a finished product, the last thing they want to do is spend another 40-60 hours playing a story 2-4 weeks post launch after devs took a lackadaisical approach fixing it. This is something players should have been able to do since day one.
How is this acceptable from a major developer? Why do players who spend $60-$120 on this game accept it? This was my first pre-order for an AC game and it will be my last. Will also attempt to return the digital download under PS4’s “faulty game” return policy.
- ubisoft plus has been a nightmare!
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Tech Support/Bug Report Megathread Part III
- Bugs post v13.30 (Help needed)
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Let’s discuss valhalla/ubisoft" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- In the past two weeks I’ve played through 3 games: Donkey Kong 64, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
- Darkstalkers Resurrection is a great compilation, but also a “how not to measure an audience”
- Help me get back into Assassin’s Creed
- Should I give up on practicing competitive multiplayer? Is a growth mindset grounded in reality?
- Frostpunk is like the Dark Souls of city builders.
- The Evil Within (2014) is a very underrated and flawed masterpiece
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is boring and a grind fest. I just can’t see what people like in this game.
- If you’re currently in the market for a good space sim, Elite Dangerous is currently on sale on the Xbox Store for only $8.99! Now that the Horizons expansion is included in the base game, that is an amazing deal!! And with the Odyssey expansion coming in early 2021, now is the best time to join in!
- Have you been completely obsessed by a game ?
- Best storytelling in video games In my opinion.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.