Hello someone completely new MMORPG genre here!
This is going to be a very long post because I really want to find that game I can get into for a very long time. If you want to skip all my rant, I will leave a TLDR at the bottom.
I come from FPS games and wanted to look into other genres like MMORPGs.
When I first saw them, it really interested me because it looked like those games I could play super chill and not get competitive and toxic about it lol.
Here are a list of games that I already tried and stop playing with personal reasons. I would like to also mention that, after playing certain games, I have learned that I don't enjoy "tab-based(?)" MMORPGs.
- World of Warcraft: Initially I played with a friend who was also new to wow, so it was kind of fun just exploring the world and doing stuff together. But once I tried to play more by myself, the game was a bit boring for me. Like I mentioned before, tab-based games are just not my thing.
Played for about 2 weeks until I decided to stop playing because I didn't see myself playing much longer.
- FFXIV: This was worst than WoW IMO. Maybe because I started off solo? I love Squire Enixs stuff, their character designs, world designs, and their soundtracks are great. But man, just from the beginning, the quests were just plain boring to the point I stopped caring about the story, movements were slow. And once again, tab-based was a huge turnoff. I just didn't see the satisfaction of clicking numbers all day.
Played for 3hrs then stopped.
- Black Desert Online: This was my first action-based RPG game, movements were super smooth and satisfying, there are some combos that made it fun I think? But other than super high graphic and smooth animation..meh I had no idea what was going on in that game, UI was disgustingly cluttered and stuff I didn't know kept appearing on my screen. It just wasn't worth my time learning, unfortunately.
Played for 1 week then stopped.
- Destiny 2: Idk if this counts as MMORPG…? maybe it's more MMOFPS? But this game is closest to what I'm familiar with so it's a good game to play on the side. Bit too easy imo? But it's ok.
Still playing on and off.
- Phantasy Star Online 2: This game was bit interesting for me. Saw ppl talking about this game alot so gave it a try. The initially was bit turn off because it didn't have an open world aspect. I really enjoyed the exploring part of the game. But after giving it a try, for some reason I was really enjoying the game. I think the fighting part of the game was somewhat fast and satisfying? It was super complicated at first but I was willing to learn once I got into it.
I hope this list kind of give you guys a better understanding of what I might be looking for?
I'm willing to try out a new game as long as they are free or have a free trial.
Tbh, I've been seeing some videos and gameplays of Blue Protocol and I think that's the game that interests me the most. Unfortunately, the game isn't out yet so I kinda need a game that can fill that spot for awhile lol.
TLDR: Tried WOW, FFXIV, BDO, Destiny, PSO2. No Tab-based game. Preferably open-world game where I can explore anytime I want. Blue Protocol is the closest thing to what I'm looking for, too bad it's not out yet :c
If you want to ask me more questions to help me find a better game, I'll be here to answer.
- What has been your three favorite mmorpgs that you’ve played? And why did you stop playing them?
- Heroes Of The Storm : a newbie’s perspective. (+ Why I think the game is far from dead, and close to perfect)
- What I’ve been looking for years in an MMORPG, I’ve finally yet strangely found (not in a legit MMORPG ?)
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Looking for a fun action-based MMORPG" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Update on “Publisher abuses – Steam’s Developer Code of Conduct” and takes down a guide from a reviewer that gave them a thumbs down review
- [Review Thread] Chicory: A Colorful Tale
- Coming Soon. We won’t hit our June 19th release date for Starfighter General, but I want to share you some techs that will be in updates over the next year.
- The Lion’s Song, a first point-and-click that I liked
- Lost Ark Information and Controversy. Civilized and friendly discussion (Long Thread)
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.