Content of the article: "Looking for a skill-based game that can be played in smaller chunks of time."
I recently quit playing Marvel Contest of Champions after roughly 4 years of daily play. It has left a massive, gaping hole in my gaming and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement.
I'm not necessarily looking for another fighting-style game. Here's what appealed to me about MCOC:
- A lot of it tests your skill, and pushes you to become better at the game. I've played my fair share of "RPG Collection" style games like Galaxy of Heroes, Raid, etc. and those just don't hold my interest because they don't really challenge you much.
- Digestible in both large and small chunks of time. I have a weird schedule. Being able to pop in to MCOC for a couple quick fights was perfect. It also had things to do that took longer, for when I had larger chunks of free time to devote to it. I've not been able to latch on to games like COD/PUBG, or MOBA type games, as I don't have enough time to start and finish a match most of the time.
- Continued support. Say what you will about Kabam as a developer, they support the hell out of that game. It's almost hard to imagine sticking with something long-term when it only gets new content a few times a year.
- Its collectible elements were addicting. I'll admit, I was as addicted to the collectible aspect of MCOC as much as I was the gameplay. Like I said above, I don't think I could get hooked on something whose sole experience was building a collection…but I do get sucked in by the idea of it as part of the experience.
In the past, I've tried a few other fighting series. Namely, Kabam's Transformers game and Injustice 2. Transformers was just too different from MCOC, while also being too similar, if that makes sense. It was hard to detach from wanting it to BE MCOC, but it's just not. Injustice was alright, and I actually played it pretty steadily for a month or two…but my interest just waned too quickly.
Would greatly appreciate any suggestions!
- Got 26 bucks on PSN, wanting to buy a game
- Rambling About Injustice: Gods Among Us
- Dante’s Inferno, What a Ride (No Spoilers)
© Post "Looking for a skill-based game that can be played in smaller chunks of time." for game Gaming News.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!