Content of the article: "MMO’s in general are too self leveling, self gain focused (The world is fine without you)"
Almost all of what you can do is for leveling up, getting better gear. Now you are already max level, optimized gear and you clear the "endgame content", and then wait for a new expansion pack to expand the "endgame" or you can create a new character in the meantime to create another "endgame" character. The problem is that "the world is fine without you", the devs can stack as much lore as they want to the game but none of that matters if the players can't influence it and make it change direction. Everything in the world has permanence, and nothing threatens the existence of the characters you make or the cities that exist. No time limit to run against, no state of emergency, no sense of world gain and loss. It's impossible to have an attachment to something that is immortalized, nothing needs the player's protection. On the opposite, for the players that want destruction, there is nothing in the world that can be truly destroyed and this creates boredom for such players. Character permadeath don't have to exist, maybe punishing the player by having a "revive time" that lasts a full day, causing the player to miss out on the world gain and loss. Cause if revive time doesn't exist then players can run suicide attacks against each other and casualties don't exist resulting in stalemates. MMO's with character permadeaths, I have never played them before but I think the reason why they lack a healthy playerbase is because they lack pvp protection, they are too "wild west" and "lawless". There should be two npc factions that players can join receiving pvp protection from the faction joined but you will get taxed. Also an option to create your own faction and get pvp protection from each other. If you do kick out your member, they will lose pvp protection instantly. This creates fear among your members in that they shouldn't upset you.
- Something unique I noticed about Tarkov versus other Shooters…
- It’s what my world would do
- Question. Is it possible to use 2 legendary creatures as a duo in a boss encounter (level 17-20 encounter)
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Gaming NewsPost: "MMO’s in general are too self leveling, self gain focused (The world is fine without you)" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Led down a rabbit hole from trying to get WC3 classic to work (story)
- Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair
- The increasing popularity of Dreams, and List containing 200+ Top games in Dreams at over 130 hours of gameplay. Almost every negative thing you’ve heard about this game is false.
- why are people mad that Assassin’s creed games are so similar while other game do the same?
- XCOM: Enemy Within (2013) Is Great If You Embrace Save Scumming
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.