Content of the article: "My stress-free approach to the craziness of this PS5 launch"
Without sharing a ton of details and making this post inadvertently a whiny diatribe, suffice to say our family has recently dealt with some personal loss and difficulty ranging from a death due to cancer, another cancer diagnosis and several dealing with COVID-19.
As such, the PS5 would provide both a great escape from real world stress and an opportunity to spend time with my 8 1/2 year old daughter. She loves video games, but the system would be for me as much as her….maybe me more…in all honesty. 😊
So, like many of you I have spent countless hours steadfastly monitoring numerous websites, stores, blogs, Twitter accounts, etc.
This morning I decided that perhaps I had lost sight of what was more important. I was so focused on the IDEA of being a good father and a loving husband instead of actually BEING one.
So, I closed out all of my windows and turned off all my devices. Instead, I spent a few hours assisting my daughter with her schoolwork (today was a virtual school day), then I made my wife a special lunch (she works from home due to the shutdowns and it was her mother that just passed less than 2 weeks ago). This afternoon we all went on a long walk and played in a park just the three of us.
When I came back, I saw the PS Direct store was just winding down and I was too late….but that was okay. I missed out on a CHANCE to buy a PS5, but that’s okay. Instead, I literally skipped with my daughter and heard my wife laugh for the first time in weeks.
Please take this post in the spirit in which it is intended. I am not berating anyone for desperately seeking a PS5. Heck, we all have to find that balance in our lives, and exactly where and how that balance is achieved is different to everyone.
My point is this:
Whatever brings you true joy and happiness in this world, then may you not lose sight and cherish while you can. This could be family, faith, friends, a cause, a neighbor, your cat or dog, or whatever is important to YOU.
I’ll eventually snag a PS5, but until then, I’m going to enjoy my beautiful wife and daughter.
Good luck on your PS5 hunts! 😀
- In memory of our good friend and pilot Soder
- Name One Video Game Character that has Suffer More than Kratos Ever Will
- Perfect Vermin is the most emotionally moving game I have ever played
More about Gaming NewsPost: "My stress-free approach to the craziness of this PS5 launch" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Best storytelling in video games In my opinion.
- Even 10 months after release, Warcraft III: Reforged is still missing central features of the original game: Ranked Ladder, Clans, Player Profiles, Custom Campaigns
- Persona 5 From a Noob
- Would there be demand for a website for sharing and analyzing control binding preferences for games?
- Machinarium – A charming slice of puzzle adventure gaming let down by a handful of atrocious design choices
- 3 Quick Tl;Dr Android Game Reviews / Recommendations (Episode 152)
- So I bought a Quest 2 and own a PSVR and decided to share my findings (Hear me out)
- [YSB] Westerado: double barreled for -80% on steam
- What are your favourite video games in terms of storytelling?
- A Bird Story and Finding Paradise left me in emotional shambles
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.