Forgive me if there is too much of this discussion, I didn’t see the mega thread and I stood away from all TLOU2 related material online to avoid spoilers.
I just completed the game and I found it to be amazing and enthralling. I’m a huge fan of the original installment, and was more than excited to play.
Gameplay wise I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t want to play because it’s quite amazing. Very gritty and brutal action sequences that always provided a real sense of danger.
Now as far as story goes, I’m a very narrative driven person so I found it rather gripping. As well as holding the first one close as a monumental gaming experience in my life, I was hurt by the story and taken along a journey I did not know I wanted to take.
My question as stated in the title above comes from the user review bombing: Why all the hate?
Honestly as much as I loved Joel, this story made my love for him even stronger as a character. Same for Ellie too. The dynamic with Abby and her camp as well and their mission to kill Joel was unnerving in the first half, but once you play as Abby the game forces you into tense situations where you’re desperate to survive thus bonding you with Abby and her counterparts, making the inevitable a tug-of-war between our beloved Joel and Ellie to Abby and now Lev.
Now I understand that people could be upset about playing as Abby. I speculated with a friend from the introduction of her character that ultimately we will play as Abby and have to kill Ellie. He was appalled by that. How could I accept that (especially after she kills Joel) she could hold narrative over our central characters??
Well it’s quite simple: the dynamic introduced us to questions of violence and how far is far enough, and that each side has its story.
In my opinion this is the best narrative in a video game I’ve ever experienced, it is now my all time favorite game. I found it to be a heartbreaking masterpiece.
Please — without insulting me if possible — share with me your thoughts on the story if you have completed the game in full. I would like to know what Redditors think of the game overall, but also their thoughts on the narrative.
- The Last of Us Part II’s fan backlash is a big reason why Hollywood & most games follow the same formula.
- Naughty dog messed up with the marketing of Last of Us 2 that could’ve made it unforgettable
- My thoughts in The Last Of Us 2
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Now that I’ve completed TLOU2: Why all the hate?????" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Metal Gear Solid 2 has to be my least favorite in the series
- Can someone justify Nintendo’s actions against fan games/mods, purely from a business standpoint?
- My journey into horror gaming continues: SOMA (Safe Mode) Keeping as spoiler free as I can, as I feel this would be a great starting point for those who are in my position of being too scared to play horror.
- Every game in Xbox Game Pass ranked, according to Metacritic. (I will update this whenever games get added, or removed.)
- I absolutely adore the progression and resource management of Oxygen not Included.
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.