Content of the article: "Play from the Past #1 | Horizon: Zero Dawn [Game Discussion Thread]"
Last Tuesday, you have voted for the PS4 classic you wanted to discuss. A lot of big games were represented, and the vote was narrow. But in the end, one of the most beloved exclusives from the PS4 got the little extra that pushed it on top.
After staying in the first-person shooters genre for nearly than 10 years, Guerrilla Games took a big risk when they announced an open-world RPG with a unique setting, through an entirely new IP. Released in 2017, Horizon: Zero Dawn was applauded by the industry and by the players, receiving numerous awards. Praised for its story, graphics, soundtrack, setting and gameplay, it's no surprise that Horizon always ends up in a recommended list of games for any new PlayStation owner, may it be a PS4 or a PS5.
Being a large commercial success with over 10 million copies sold, Horizon: Zero Dawn came to PC last summer, three years after its original release, and will get a sequel in 2021, Horizon II: Forbidden West, to be released exclusively on PlayStation.
Earth is ours no more.
Experience Aloy of the Nora’s entire legendary quest to unravel the mysteries of a world ruled by deadly Machines.
An outcast from her tribe, the young hunter fights to uncover her past, discover her destiny… and stop a catastrophic threat to the future.
Unleash devastating, tactical attacks against unique Machines and rival tribes as you explore an open wold teeming with wildlife and danger.
- Developer: Guerrilla Games
- Publisher: Sony
- Release date: March 1, 2017
- Genres: Open World, RPG, Adventure
- PS5 upgrade: Only backwards compatibility (fingers crossed for a 60 fps patch!)
- Main DLC: The Frozen Wilds expansion, which is now included in the Complete Edition.
- Platinum trophy: 3/10 difficulty, estimate 40 hours, 6.0% of players obtained it.
- Related subreddit: horizon
Feel free to discuss the game with hindsight. Talk about your experience, may it be positive or negative,
Spoilers have to be tagged for those who didn't play this game yet.
- Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC – Review Thread
- Do I not like open world games? Or have I been playing the wrong ones? (Looking at Horizon Zero Dawn)
- Play of the Past #2 | Until Dawn [Game Discussion Thread]
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Play from the Past #1 | Horizon: Zero Dawn [Game Discussion Thread]" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Assassin’s Creed Origins and Odyssey. Fun games but they don’t feel like Assassin’s Creed anymore
- Player agency in videogame narratives (now with video!)
- Saints Row The Third: Remastered – Nostalgia Sexily Reinvigorated
- [AMA] Developer of DARQ here – my first game became the 42nd Most Shared PC Game of 2019 (Metacritic) and is out on PS4 today. Ask me anything, including how working 10,000 hours (mostly solo) resulted in getting nominated for TIGA’s Best Adventure Game alongside “The Last of Us Part II.”
- Great games are made up of three things: gameplay, story and graphics. Assassins creed odyssey has graphics.
Top 10 NEW Games of December 2020
December 2020 is the final big bang month of the year for game releases on PC, PS5, PS4, Series X, Xbox One, and Stadia.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.