Content of the article: "PlayStation State of Play 08.06.20 – Megathread"
Welcome to the PlayStation State of Play Megathread!
The main show will begin at 1:00pm PT / 4:00pm ET / 9:00pm BST / 8:00 PM UTC / 3 PM Central (Canada/US)
Today's show is all about third party published games coming to PS4 and PS VR. Additionally there will be a few PS5 game updates on third-party and indie titles that we last saw in June’s Future of Gaming PS5 showcase.
PlayStation has also stated the following about todays showcase:
"There will be no PlayStation Studios updates in Thursday’s episode. There won’t be any updates around hardware, business, preorders, or dates either…our focus is squarely on showcasing some cool upcoming games coming to the broader PlayStation ecosystem. Should be fun!"
Today's show has a runtime of 40(ish) minutes!!
Live Updates (Oldest to Newest)
- The stream is now LIVE on YouTube/Twitch
- HERE WE GO!!! STATE OF PLAY HAS JUST STARTED!!
- Starting things off with an in-depth look at Crash Bandicoot 4 It's About Time!
- You can now Wall Run, Zipline and grind on rails
- Skins are earned by completing challenges and earning gems
- NO MTX FOR SKINS
- The entire game can also be played fully by Coco, additionally Cortex and Dingodile will also be playable!
- Crash 4 will have a brand new mode which will change every single level with a unique art style and gameplay!!
- Crash 4 is coming October 2nd!!!
- Next Up: Hitman!
- The entire Hitman trilogy will be playable on PSVR
- We're now looking at Braid Anniversary Edition which will be releasing early next year!
- We're now getting an in-depth gameplay first look for The Pathless
- You use Archery to move faster
- You are also able to fly with your eagle friend that you get
- Make sure you PET THE EAGLE to keep it clean and in good condition
- There is no map but you get a mask that shows where you have been and haven't been
- We're now looking at a boss fight against a Cursed Spirit
- The Pathless is coming out Later This Year!
- Next Up: Spelunky 2
- Spelunky 2 will be adding online multiplayer
- You will be able to ride turkeys!!!!
- There will be branching paths!!!
- Spelunky 2 will be releasing September 15th 2020
- Next: a closer look at Genshin Impact
- We got a look at the scenery, gameplay, enemies and a bit of story from this game
- Genshin Impact will release this Autumn
- We're now looking at a gameplay trailer for AON Must Die which will be releasing in 2021
- Next up is a gameplay trailer for Anno Mutationem
- Next Up: BUGSNAX
- We are being shown some gameplay/story for Bugsnax
- Bugsnax is in first person view!
- Bugsnax will be releasing Holiday 2020
- Next up is a trailer for Vader Immortal for the PSVR!!
- Vader Immortal will be releasing on August 25th
- Next up: a reveal trailer for the Control DLC: AWE coming August 27th!!!
- State of Play announced for Thursday
© Post "PlayStation State of Play 08.06.20 – Megathread" for game Gaming News.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!