Content of the article: "Pumpkin Jack Review Thread"
Game Title: Pumpkin Jack
- Xbox One (Oct 23, 2020)
- Nintendo Switch (Oct 23, 2020)
- PC (Oct 23, 2020)
Developer: Nicolas Meyssonnier
Pumpkin Jack is a fun and entertaining platform reminiscent of the great classics, with the merit of having been made by a single person. Its visual style, halfway between humorous and spooky, suits it wonderfully, as does its fresh and dynamic gameplay. It can become too easy and repetitive in the long run, but it is still a great option to play at this time.
When you go trick-or-treating, you don't come back 100 percent with candy you love. There's some bleh stuff mixed in, stuff that you put up with to get to the candy you can't wait to eat. That's a perfect analog for Pumpkin Jack. You'll push past parts of it because this mascot platformer has some really great qualities. And, when viewed as a whole, a bucket full of candy ain't so bad.
Pumpkin Jack is both a love letter to years of 3D platformers and one of the most timely releases of 2020, delivering a great family-friendly adventure just in time for Halloween.
Pumpkin Jack is my new favourite platformer this generation. With a great atmosphere, design and a deeply diverse gameplay, Jack's journey might not be the longest one, but a motivating one nonetheless!
Pumpkin Jack is a really awesome 3D platformer that brings some level of nostalgia while being a perfect experience for today.
Pumpkin Jack has rough edges to it, but it still delivers a fun experience in spite of them.
There’s so much to like about Pumpkin Jack. What issues I do have are minor, and don’t impact the overall enjoyment. It’s a game that’s easy on the eyes, has satisfying combat, and rewarding puzzles. Pumpkin Jack will have kids and adults both wanting to play it, and having a blast working towards 100% completion. The soundtrack features a theramin and other spooky instruments that easily set the mood. Pumpkin Jack is a real Halloween treat.
Pumpkin Jack's delightful NPCs, boss battles, visuals and music outweigh the clunky platforming and uninspired combat. This is the perfect game to ignite your Halloween Spirit.
Pumpkin Jack is janky, but still very enjoyable. It’s the kind of simple and straightforward 3D platformer that’s missing in today’s world. It was a lot better than last year’s MediEvil remake, that’s for damn sure.
Pumpkin Jack is a reminder that you don’t need a bunch of fluff to make a fun video game. It’s designed in the same way as the 3D platformers from decades past and does a great job capitalizing on what made them fun, with solid platforming mechanics, cool level variety, and even a nice aesthetic and sense of polish to top it all off.
- Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time – Review Thread
- New Super Lucky’s Tale – Review Thread
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure – Review Thread
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Pumpkin Jack Review Thread" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Machinarium – A charming slice of puzzle adventure gaming let down by a handful of atrocious design choices
- 3 Quick Tl;Dr Android Game Reviews / Recommendations (Episode 152)
- So I bought a Quest 2 and own a PSVR and decided to share my findings (Hear me out)
- [YSB] Westerado: double barreled for -80% on steam
- What are your favourite video games in terms of storytelling?
- A Bird Story and Finding Paradise left me in emotional shambles
- The Horrors of Runescape 3 [player review]
- On This Day in Nintendo History: Super Team Games; Kirby’s Pinball Land; Virtual Boy Wario Land; Kirby’s Dream Land 3; Pac-Man Vs. and more
- AC Valhalla – PS5 Post Splash Load Screen
- Wolfenstein 3D is still a hardass game almost 3 decades later
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.