Returnal's been out for 2 days, and I figured I'd post some tips since I got the game early and am halfway through Act II.
- Don't always pick up a gun just because it has a higher Proficiency Level
- Some guns will have better skills that outweigh any stat boosts you may receive
- On the topic of guns, the more you use a gun, the more innate permanent skills you'll unlock for it even after you die
- Protection and Recovery Artifacts are almost always better than anything else
- Anything that lets you recover integrity, like when you're at low integrity, is gold
- You can recover health at Helios
- If you encounter multiple items, but only have 1 slot, use the item that is hit based, then grab the other item
- I.e. If there's a Shield Vial or Obolite Siphon, use the Shield Vial as that Creates a Shield against the next hit, whereas the Obolite Siphon has a 30 second duration
- Weapons with homing/leech skills are god. You can basically hide behind a pillar, duck out, shoot, then hide again.
- When there's say a ton of the bat-like enemies, you can spray the room, and chances are they'll all die.
- On the topic of bat enemies, focus on the ones charging (they'll flash yellow) first. You'll disrupt the attack.
- Melee (if you have it unlocked) is great when an enemy is up close, especially for turrets.
- Utilize doors if you enter a room with a ton of enemies. Exit, enter, pop off a few shots, then exit again.
- Always be moving. This can't be said enough. You should always be dashing and moving, especially during the bosses. This only exception is if there's a stationary enemy, or something that's charging up a shot where you'd want to hide behind a pillar.
- Always shoot bulbous or purple looking things. Chances are, they'll drop Obalites or Parasites.
- Leave health items (large health items) if you're close to max integrity, as you can always circle back if you need health. Edit: If you’re at Full integrity, pick up the small ones as it’ll convert to Resin to boost Max Integrity
- Hold on the Inert Reclaimers (Green beds which restore health) until you've largely explored the biome as there may also be a Regular Reclaimer (Red beds that damage health, but populate an item)
- Obviously if you're desperate on health, use it.
- You can always dash through Red Lasers
- The shotgun IMO usually isn't worth it. You want to be shooting far away in case enemies spray bullets.
- Be cognizant to use your Overload (pressing R2 in between the bars in the center reticle when a weapon is reloading).
- It'll cut down on reload time if performed successfully and if you have certain artifacts, can provide a temp stat buff
- Parasites that Boost Protection but lower how soon Obalites disappear (usually 1 second) are always worth it.
- [Hero] Zhokar the Dark Gaoler
- ContestKorin Tinseltoe, the Terran Augermeister
- new boss fight suggestion:《MYTHIC STORM QUEEN》
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Returnal Helpful Tips" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.