Game Title: Returnal
- Playstation 5 (Apr 30, 2021)
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- PlayStation LifeStyle (10/10)
- GameSpew (10/10)
- PSX Brasil (10/10)
- GeekCulture: (9.5/10.0)
- Game Infromer (9.5/10.0)
- Wccftech (9.3/10.0)
- Fextralife (9.3/10)
- Video Chums (9.2/10)
- TheSinxthAxis: (9/0/10.0)
- MetroGameCentral: (9.0/10)
- GamingTrend (9.0/10)
- Push Square (9.0/10)
- PlayStation Universe (9.0/10)
- We Got This Covered (9.0/10)
- GameSpot (9.0/10)
- Gameblog (9.0/10)
- PressStart: (9.0/10)
- GameReactor (Sweden): (9.0/10)
- Push Square (9.0/10)
- Gfinity (9.0/10)
- Worth Playing (8.8/10)
- Cerealkillerz (8.7/10)
- Gaming Nexus (8.7/10)
- PowerUp! (8.7/10)
- Easy Allies 8.5/10.0
- EGM (8.5/10)
- IGN: (8.0/10.0)
- Hardcore Gamer (8.0/10)
- Spaziogames (8.0/10)
- Saudi Gamer (8.0/10)
- Digitally Downloaded (8.0/10)
- Kakuchopurei (8.0/10)
- Destructoid (7.5/10.0)
- AndroidCentral: (5.0/5.0)
- VGC: 4/5
- GamesRadar+ 4/5
- The Gamer 3.5/5
Returnal can be messy, tough, and perhaps a little too uncompromising for a $70 game. And yet, despite the moments of pad-clenching exasperation, it remains a moreish experience even after you've plummeted its depths.
What should have been a hotchpotch of other people's ideas, made worse by frustratingly high difficulty, is in reality one of the most cleverly designed video games of recent years, with superb action and endless replayability.
Returnal blends elements of shooters, roguelikes, action games, and horror to redefine bullet hell and conjure a mysterious, moody masterpiece.
It's a truly next generation game that combines fantastic gameplay with a gripping story and stunning visuals while also making tremendous use of the DualSense controller to provide a gameplay experience you can’t find on other platforms. While its high level of difficulty may be a barrier to entry for some, the consistent challenge and constant sense of accomplishment combine to make Returnal not only the best game on the PS5, but the game of the year so far.
Returnal brilliantly meshes roguelike mechanics with precise combat and enigmatic exploration, making for an excellent game
In Returnal, Housemarque builds a game on both euphoric highs and confounding lows.
With some doubt at the front of people’s minds, Returnal is a shushing finger across the lips of detractors as well as a tremendous example that PlayStation’s middle line titles can still offer as much value and entertainment as its tentpole exclusives."
Returnal is a mostly thrilling sci-fi action romp that suffers from a lack of scale at times. In the moment, I'm completely fixated on my run, upgrading like a fiend, and dashing around for iFrames like I was playing a Capcom game. But after that run ends and I'm looking at the bigger picture, Returnal can feel a little smaller than it actually is. Keep that in mind before you take the pricey plunge.
- Sony marketing needs to do a better job advertising and explaining Returnal
- Returnal – Review Thread
- Marvel’s Avengers – Updated Review Thread
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Returnal | Review Mega Thread" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- The best mmorpg that I played so far and still can’t find one to replace it
- Juvenoia and nostalgia in video games. Do gamers struggle with them or have an effect on their perspective of certain games?
- As single player games are surprisingly still relevant when multi player games have become more prominent and supported, I have come to realise that I have a lot more fun on single player games than multi player.
- Elyon PvP explanation and Gunner Showcase
- Cloudpunk: Dystopian Uber Simulator 5000
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.