Content of the article: "Summoners War Lost Centuria – CBT Gameplay Impressions – 6 Years after the first, is it worth it?"
It has been over 6 years since the launch of Summoners War: Sky Arena and now we are finally getting a fresh take in the series. The long awaited for Summoners War: Lost Centuria by Com2Us has just opened the closed beta to the public from November 21, 2020 to November 30, 2020. Lost Centuria CBT has received quite a bit of backlash from the fans due to the number of pay to win elements in a PvP oriented game. In this article, let's play the game ourselves without any bias and take a look at the gameplay and features to see exactly what Summoners War: Lost Centuria really is and if it was worth the wait.
Real Time Strategy Live Action PvP and No Auto-Play
At first, I thought this was going to be another hero collector/Gacha turn-based RPG with auto-play. As my first match began, I quickly realised the game's focus was very similar to Summoners War: Sky Arena where players go toe-to-toe in 1 on 1 matches. Each player gets to pick 8 monsters/heroes and 3 spells for their board (or deck if you're used to card games). The matches are live which means the played characters from each side will attack each other in live action while the players (summoners) can strategically use skills and spells during the match to turn the tide of the battle. Each character skill and summoner spell is on an mana system which accumulates over time, and once you have enough mana, you will be able to use the skill/spell.
There is absolutely no auto-play in this game which means players will need to give 100% of their full attention to each match. The game actually goes beyond just strategy and timing as reflexes also becomes a factor where players will need to time their skills to counter enemy moves. I think the gameplay was actually quite solid and has a lot of potential, however the problem is the unbalanced advantages each player has from their rare characters and upgrades which creates a strong pay to win environment.
Gameplay video: https://youtu.be/66FxmtClt6A
- This game needs to stop time gating alternate modes like Payload, Library, War, etc
- Rocket Arena Review Thread
- Additional Hype Leaderboard Categories
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Summoners War Lost Centuria – CBT Gameplay Impressions – 6 Years after the first, is it worth it?" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds over relies on its “Link to the Past” but nonetheless, still offers a fun and engaging experience (LoZ: Link Between Worlds Review)
- Sally Face, hand-drawn nightmare adventure dragged down by its arcade mini games
- Miles Morales is a game for 2020.
- AC Valhalla is a step in the right direction for the series, but still needs some polishing.
- I’m tired of the have your cake and eat it too type of PC gamer!
- An in-depth look at 18* unannounced PlayStation 5 exclusives | Including a new FROM SOFTWARE collab
- Nintendo wants to surpress fans and especially content creators
- Repost without poll: PS+ Vs. Gamepass Ultimate Vs. Switch online library
- I finished Surge 2 and I had a blast
- Will I lose my save files and access to games if I connect to the internet? (Locked out of PSN account)
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.