Last night, the channel points multipliers were changed across the site without warning or advance notice from Twitch. I have a complex stream system that was designed based on the old earn rates, so this change has broken my economy — I can modify reward costs based on the new earn rates, but viewers who have already saved many points will have a huge advantage. If Twitch is willing to change earn rates globally without warning at any time, there's no point in designing complex systems like these, because Twitch can break them without notice.
Twitch ought to let streamers specify our own earn rates:
- Follow Bonus
- Monthly 1st Cheer Bonus
- Monthly 1st Gift a Sub Bonus
- Watch Streak Modifier
- Active viewer bonus (glowing chest)
- Tier 1 Sub Multiplier
- Tier 2 Sub Multiplier
- Tier 3 Sub Multiplier
If direct earn rate manipulation isn't feasible, I'd at least like to be able to opt out of any of these accrual modifiers (For example, disable Sub Multipliers or the Active viewer/glowing chest bonus).
Whether or not this is implemented:
- I urge Twitch to at least revert last night's unannounced global changes to earn rates as soon as possible
If Twitch is unwilling to revert the changes or allow streamers to modify our earn rates then:
- I urge Twitch to adjust earn rates so that Tier 1 subscribers still get a 2X Multiplier, and Tier 2 & 3 subscribers get a better multiplier than 2X.
- Nerfing existing earn rates for the majority of subscribers is what has made this change painful for streamers.
- What is twitch like as a community?
- Discover new Twitch streamers based on their streaming schedule consistency!
- This month is the begining of good things to come for Project +
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Twitch needs to let streamers set their own channel points earn rates and subscriber modifiers" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
Top 7 NEW Games of February 2021
Looking for something new to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch in February 2021? Here are the notable video game releases.
Top 20 NEW Open World Games of 2021
2021 will bring us tons of open world games for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Switch, and beyond. Here's what we're looking forward to.