Last night, the channel points multipliers were changed across the site without warning or advance notice from Twitch. I have a complex stream system that was designed based on the old earn rates, so this change has broken my economy — I can modify reward costs based on the new earn rates, but viewers who have already saved many points will have a huge advantage. If Twitch is willing to change earn rates globally without warning at any time, there's no point in designing complex systems like these, because Twitch can break them without notice.
Twitch ought to let streamers specify our own earn rates:
- Follow Bonus
- Monthly 1st Cheer Bonus
- Monthly 1st Gift a Sub Bonus
- Watch Streak Modifier
- Active viewer bonus (glowing chest)
- Tier 1 Sub Multiplier
- Tier 2 Sub Multiplier
- Tier 3 Sub Multiplier
If direct earn rate manipulation isn't feasible, I'd at least like to be able to opt out of any of these accrual modifiers (For example, disable Sub Multipliers or the Active viewer/glowing chest bonus).
Whether or not this is implemented:
- I urge Twitch to at least revert last night's unannounced global changes to earn rates as soon as possible
If Twitch is unwilling to revert the changes or allow streamers to modify our earn rates then:
- I urge Twitch to adjust earn rates so that Tier 1 subscribers still get a 2X Multiplier, and Tier 2 & 3 subscribers get a better multiplier than 2X.
- Nerfing existing earn rates for the majority of subscribers is what has made this change painful for streamers.
- What is twitch like as a community?
- Discover new Twitch streamers based on their streaming schedule consistency!
- Doing the math to justify why Naval RP reward is stupid, unlike a dumb comparsion between PT-810 and M1A2. #FixNaval
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Twitch needs to let streamers set their own channel points earn rates and subscriber modifiers" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Update on “Publisher abuses – Steam’s Developer Code of Conduct” and takes down a guide from a reviewer that gave them a thumbs down review
- [Review Thread] Chicory: A Colorful Tale
- Coming Soon. We won’t hit our June 19th release date for Starfighter General, but I want to share you some techs that will be in updates over the next year.
- The Lion’s Song, a first point-and-click that I liked
- Lost Ark Information and Controversy. Civilized and friendly discussion (Long Thread)
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.