Content of the article: "Why hasn’t there been an Android emulator for flash games?"
Ever since I heard about BlueMaxima's Flashpoint preservation project, I've started to feel nostalgic with all the old flash games I played as a kid. Then, I thought it would be really cool to play all those games on the go, especially since there's already been plenty of iconic yet "light" games out there that have been ported to mobile such as Plants vs Zombies.
But when I checked for methods of playing flash games on Android, only one real method turned up, which is using Puffin Browser, possibly the only mobile browser out there that supports flash.
I'd stick to this method, but over time the app has grown to become more restrictive with it's features, limiting the access you have for an extended amount of time. And even the pro version seems to have its own issues.
So now, I wonder… Why do you need a specific browser in order to play flash games on Android? Especially since there have already been numerous working emulators for different game platforms such as GBA, NDS, PSP, and even older consoles like the PS1?
With most flash games, you could just extract the .swf files and run them with Adobe Flash Player on the PC (at least before 2021), Why does it seem like that nobody has been able to make a program that emulates flash? Would it be really difficult to make? Did nobody ever think of doing it? or nobody just bother to do it?
I know this might probably be irrelevant now, especially since flash is officially dead, but I've been wondering about this for a while now, and I just wanted to know if there were clear answers out there.
TL;DR: I'm just curious as to why there are no flash game/animation emulators for Android, while Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, and PSP games have at least one emulator out there. Would it be very hard to create or code? Did nobody just bother to make one? Cause it would honestly be really awesome if there was one out there. Especially with Flashpoint already providing the extracted .swf files.
- FlashPatch! A new way to keep playing Adobe Flash Player games after Flash D-Day
- Today, Adobe Flash Player shuts down. Here’s a list of Flash games ported to Android.
- REQUEST Games with a high production quality like Genshin Impact, Monster Hunter Stories, Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy 15 PE?
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Gaming NewsPost: "Why hasn’t there been an Android emulator for flash games?" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- What’s your PSVR “What if”??
- Welcome to the Game II has a fun core concept that’s seriously hampered by unfun difficulty mechanics
- Starting my childhood play through: Quick GBA, PSX, N64, and GameCube reviews.
- Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy – Review Thread
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, how to brilliantly remaster old games and how to not support them.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.