Content of the article: "[WSIB] $50-$60 for Steam Sale – Indies"
Hi guys! Looking to pick up some games in the Winter Sale for a total of USD50-60; something to break up my current monotonous pace (CS:GO, OSRS). I don't have too much free time, so looking for games that can be played equally as fun in short bursts or long hauls. Unfortunately, playing on an older computer (2012 MacBook Pro) right now; so the old Intel HD4000 graphics card is my largest concern. I've narrowed it down to a short list:
- Subnautica ($15) – Love the idea of this game (exploration/crafting) but unsure if I can run it
- Dead Cells ($15) – Haven't played this genre in a long time, but have only heard great things
- Disco Elysium ($24) – Seems playful, and a fun take on RPG style. I know very little about the actual game
- Shovel Knight Treasure Trove ($25) – Similar to Dead Cells comment, but this has just SO MUCH content here
- Cuphead ($13) – Fun art style, more to come back to, challenging and rewarding.
- Return of the Obra Dinn ($15) – Advanced problem solving seems amazing, it's low impact to a computer
- Carrion ($15) – A reverse take on the Roguelite approach
- Hades ($20) – Would be the #1 game I buy if I wasn't unsure if I could run it.
I'm a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to completion, so, while I love the idea of sims (such as Stardew Valley) I often overthink a "path" versus just playing the game. I want to find a game / games that feel like I'm here to enjoy them, vs. trudging through multiple play throughs just to get achievements. I often times want to play a certain new game, then become so overwhelmed with the idea of missing something that I default to an tried and true game to play I'm also a huge story driven fan (e.g. SOMA) so open to those that aren't on this list. These just felt like they have great discounts this season.
Major concerns: computer wont' run them, they'll be too grindy, too many superfluous mechanics (collectibles, etc.)
Thank you guys!!
- What games did you play in 2020?
- Multiple titles, in doubt on which one
- Need help with deciding what game to buy. [SWITCH]
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Gaming NewsPost: "[WSIB] $50-$60 for Steam Sale – Indies" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- I think I finally “got” Dishonored
- Why have there been so few ‘GOTY’ level games for PC in recent years?
- Since the release of Cyberpunk 2077, one of the complaints i’ve been hearing online is “It’s not an RPG game” which…confuses me beyond belief
- Which Racing game of the “EA Racing Sale” on Steam should I buy?
- Monster Hunter Stories is jolly as hell and worth your time
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.