Content of the article: "WSIB A game that does classes really well."
I've been messing around with some ARPG's, and while I'm not a fan of the gameplay loop (kill, loot, do it again) I LOVE the classes and their abilities. Especially in a game like Grim Dawn, which has several classes that can be combined to create even more playstyles.
So I'm looking for a game that has lots of classes, which all feel unique and interesting, but doesn't have the ARPG gameplay loop, so something a bit more interesting. I would say it should have a minimum of 5 available classes. And that the goal of the game is not to mindlessly kill enemies for loot. (I actually love loot, but I feel like ARPG's aren't real interesting, I'm not sure how to describe it, I think I just don't have the patience to play a game where the main gameplay is at end game).
Here are the games I've played that could qualify, as well as how much I enjoyed them.
Amazing: Dark Souls (I,II,III), World of Warcraft, Wizards101, Divinity Original Sin 2, Skyrim.
Real Good: Grim Dawn, Warframe (I think this counts as each Warframe could be its own class. This is a good reference for what I count as a class, whereas a game like Overwatch wouldn't count).
Decent, or haven't really gotten into: Path of Exile, Torchlight 2.
That's about what I can think of right now. Obviously the ARPG's do classes the best, but their gameplay loop takes away from that. Other games may not have the best classes, but their gameplay is solid. Also, a class isn't always a specific starting choice that is forced throughout the game. It could be like Dark Souls where your class is simply determined by your choices and how you steer your characters in terms of gear and abilities.
Thanks for any help.
- I think the ‘point and click’ ARPG model is horrendously outdated, but id love to be proven wrong
- Dark Souls 3 – Too much Bloodborne, not enough Dark Souls, but that’s okay. Mild Spoilers
- Far Cry 5 & New Dawn were exceptionally chill games but are there more similar titles?
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Gaming NewsPost: "WSIB A game that does classes really well." specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Just want to share an unexpected experience regarding toxicity in online gaming
- The 288 Games I Played in 2020; or, How I Got Out of a Backlog Rut
- Doom (2016) Review: Demons are scary, but you’re scarier still !
- Let’s figure out this PS5 Rest Mode bug! I have some initial data. Help me test different theories please.
- Is PS+ Worth it for an 11 Year Old Boy on a PS4 with Parental Controls Enabled?
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.