Content of the article: "WSIB PC: Rant + I need a game that can keep me interested in finishing it"
Kind of a rant more than actual suggestion, I hope someone can relate:Background: I played mostly AAA titles. The problem is, I have a busy life and my time is limited , so I have at best 3 hours a day that are interrupted all the time.I'm motivated to by either unique gameplay or engaging story My problem is I can't stick to a game, The problem comes out of mediocre story ( I used to read fantasy novels a lot) or repetitive gameplay. I used to play RPGs, shooters action linear games. The problem with RPGs is I'm tired of decision fatigue or inventory management, and mostly I hate repetitive fetch quests, I play assassin's creed just because of my previous investment in it, I tried to play the new ones and couldn't finish the story. I tried Prey, Metro exodus was nice but didn't keep me playing. Witcher 3 was nice but too long. I don't know if this is growing up or games are not as magical anymore.
I can't finish games like I used to.I'm looking for quality short games instead of over inflated mediocre quality. Since I can't find new experience in gameplay, I end up playing Multiplayer FPS, like Apex legends because they compensate the generic game play with the competitive nature.
Games I used to adore but can't click now for some reason:Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins, Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, GTA, Warcraft, Age of Empires, Starcraft, Anno 1404
More recent exceptions that managed to complete:
- Titan Fall 2: Linear, interesting world
- Metro 2033, Last light: Powered through because I wanted to play exodus, can't continue playing exodus
- Resident evil 2 with god mode(easy) because it was linear, telling a story.
- Mass effect trilogy played sometimes and stopped but powered through because I liked the story development.
- Inside: Generally I hate platformers and puzzles, But this is the most engaging one of the listTL; DR: I need a unique story and/or easy learning curve and/or engaging enough to invest time to learn the game.
- Metro Exodus: More relatable Post-Apocalypse Than Fallout (For A European Gamer)
- Should horror games have toggles for common fears?
- The Problem With Assassin’s Creed
© Post "WSIB PC: Rant + I need a game that can keep me interested in finishing it" for game Gaming News.