Content of the article: "YSB Watchdogs: Legion (2020)"
Now, this may be a controversial one, and everyone knows Ubisoft is, well – not the best at the moment. And I know of the constant crashes that exploded over gaming social media (the majority of these were patched as of Wednesday).
However, as a huge Watchdogs fan, I pre-ordered it and got it day one, and I want to say, it was such a nice breath of fresh air from modern day games like Modern Warfare and other – questionable – games.
The combat is heavily improved from One and Two. You can now punch, guard break and dodge instead of the plain Takedowns that were the only melee combat in WD 1 + 2. Gunplay feels above average for your typical Open-world third person shooter, and the range of ways to shoot was vast – something I’ll explain more later.
Now the main selling point of this game is the play-as-anyone mechanic. I didn’t know how well this would be executed at first – I thought it could either be a cheap way to make the game unique or something that would completely revolutionise the franchise, and I can safely say it felt amazing. Walking around the world for ages just to find one person that would help your team significantly felt satisfying and not at all a waste of time. Unfortunately Ubisoft haven’t given us a real reason to recruit a “normal” person unless you really have to – but the amount of skilled operatives you can come across in one session made up for that. I haven’t yet come across the same person twice, which is very impressive when you consider there are 9 MILLION people to recruit, and their recruitment missions weren’t too repetitive either – and neither did their abilities either.
Hacking didn’t feel much different, but like they say: you can’t fix something that’s not broken, but I would have liked to have seen different mechanics for the driving aspect. It feels good but not anything to rave about.
The puzzles worked well, the story was a big improvement on the last, the open world feels alive and just like London – I don’t have much to say about the game that’s bad!
- Just played through Origins and the dlc for the first time here are my thoughts.
- The combat for Xenoblade Definitive Edition is, in my opinion, leagues better than In X2.
- Tomb Raider (2013) reminds me of a Michael Bay movie
More about Gaming NewsPost: "YSB Watchdogs: Legion (2020)" specifically for the game Gaming News. Other useful information about this game:
- Breath of the Wild: Third Time’s the charm.
- The era of great games is over for me.
- Ocarina of Time is really nothing special
- Accessibility and Gatekeeping
- Escape from Butcher Bay: An Exercise In Futility
- Yakuza 5 is great, but it’s way too long.
- I noticed AAA singleplayer games are not quite popular in Russia.
- Fallout 1 and 2 are absolutely still worth playing
- Opinion on Mario 3D all stars (Reupload of my post in r/gaming)
- Breaking the 4th wall is now as cheap as adding a jump scare
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.