Now, we are all familiar with the Olympus trilogy (and the few side games).
They're basically named "God of War", "God of War II" and "God of War III".
With the new Asgard series, they somehow named the first game "God of War" again.
I highly doubt they're going to follow the same naming system as the Olympus trilogy. It would be mighty confusing and would undermine the individuality of the entire Asgard series.
I therefore don't think the next game in this series will be "God of War II" or "God of War 2" again.
Now we are familiar with Atreus and we know he is Loki.
Loki, who brings Ragnarok, is destined to end Asgard. Just as Kratos ended Olympus. This series is all about ending Asgard. Loki is destined to take over this series eventually to end Olympus.
From Norse mythology, Loki is also known by many names. He is the God of mayhem, mischief, trickery, fire, chaos, etc.
My theory is therefore that the Asgard series will be instead named by swapping the name of the god each time (reflecting increasing seriousness in line with the storyline), like this:-
- God of War – Passing the torch, and the start of Loki's journey and hate for Asgardians;
- God of Mischief – The growing success of Loki and the beginning of Asgard's fall. Maybe the death of Kratos, who knows; and
- God of Chaos – The end of Loki's journey, the chaos of Ragnarok in Asgard and Asgard's death.
The above is just an example of how these god names can be swapped around to show increasing seriousness. I chose these because Loki's current pop-culture status makes the name "God of Mischief" a sure seller. And "God of Chaos" is the lesser used reference which packs more of a punch when it comes to an ending. They could use any other of Loki's various names as well.
Just sharing my theory, please be kind to me (karma is precious). Also let me have your thoughts. Cheers!
- Speculation on Ragnarok, Folkvangr and Thor
- Valhalla: I think Basim may have been the main character
- Plot holes & continuity: Jormungandr, Skoll, Hati, Hel, Fenrir, and Ragnarok
More about God of WarPost: "[Theory] What the Asgard series will be named." specifically for the game God of War. Other useful information about this game:
- Prediction regarding the direction of the story/overall endgame.
- Omega symbol in the concept art of the last Jotunheim mural
- God of War Characters as Animals Part 1 (Spoilers!)
- lots of you like god of war 4 well i dont.
- The original “God of War” trilogy is absolutely INCREDIBLE, gets better and better continually with every title and is still highly recommendable today!
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.