Content of the article: "Best Melee Class?"
So, I’ve started playing recently, picked Necromancer because everyone keeps saying it’s the best class for a solo player, and yet, I can’t help but admit that it’s not all that fun. It’s most certainly a powerful class, make no mistake, but every encounter just feels rather dull; there’s no real difficulty or challenge, and I find it difficult to keep myself invested.
So, that’s why I’m asking about potentially making a new class. I used to run melee classes all the time in other MMOs; back in Runescape and AdventureQuest, melee is all I ever did. However, I’m unsure about what would be a good solo spec for myself; I’m usually just a guy that likes to wander around and explore, get myself a nice looking armor set, do side quests, very much a casual, aimless sort of play style.
I’ve heard some good things about Warrior, but I’ve also heard that Guardian and Mesmer are better for higher tier play. While I don’t quite know if I will ever go that high, I would like to get as much out of the game as I can, and I do intend to get to max level sooner or later.
So, it’s a simple question; what would be the best melee class for a casual solo player?
PS: No Reaper spec, please.
Edit: It’s not that I dislike Reaper, it’s just that I’ve gotten burnt out on easy mode Necromancer, and I’m looking for something with a bit more “bite” to it, you get me? I’m a Dark Souls refugee; I like just a little bit of challenge, and Necromancer felt too easy for me.
That, and I’ve heard a LOT of people saying some bad stuff about Reaper recently; I don’t want to grind a class that I’m burnt out on all the way up to 80, only to find that the spec is sub-par.
- Trying To Understand How To Make Death Walk Among The Enemy Team
- Still struggling to find a main for Shadowlands? Here’s your answer.
- Choosing a Class in Shadowlands – Wowhead Class Writer Opinions on Gameplay Updates and Strengths in the Pre-Patch
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Guild Wars 2Post: "Best Melee Class?" specifically for the game Guild Wars 2. Other useful information about this game:
- The Weekly Map Recap, Week 33 – Bloodstone Fen
- Since there was a WvW post, I want to share my experience on getting WvW legendaries on a Chinese server
- New Year, New Raid League. Who dis?
- [GW2 Raid Academy] Zero to Hero Community Raid Event (Part 5)
- [Data-Mining] Upcoming features from the January 19 patch
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.