Saw it for other games and thought itd be fun for GW2.
For Clarity: Markov Chain Text Generator tries to create a new text by predicting the next words based on the input you give it, I gave it the last 6 big balance patches to let it make its own patch notes, here are the results:
- Rip: Fixed a bug in which a skill effect could be present when it should not have been.
- Instead of being rewarding to use, mantras have been updated with the spirit of Mallyx and skills like Pain Absorption.
- Vigor has been renamed Bola Shot. Its description and icon have been updated to be larger and more noticeable.
- Slot (2) bonuses that granted general boon or condition damage in addition to reworks of both the Devastation trait line are aimed at two major areas. The first is addressing niche-use traits such as Malicious Reprisal and Jade Echo. These traits are being removed and replaced by Eternal Life.
- Additionally, we've fixed a few issues with minion responsiveness and enhanced a few of the weaker utility skills to appear in the wrong order.
- Improved the direction your arrow fires when you don't have a target selected.
- The Celestial stat combination on gear now also increases damage dealt from life stealing.
- Photonic Blasting Module: When this trait is equipped, the additional recharge penalty from overheating mechanic in a previous update is the restoration of self-shattering for chronomancers. This change was originally made to emphasize the different grenades due to the identical casting animations.
- Shaped Charge: No changes.
- Spectrum Shield: Reduced incoming damage output in order to keep overall damage from 10% to 5%. Increases condition damage stat, making it overall more useful for general open-world and mission contexts, although it is unlikely to create a Renegade power build for high-end PvE content.
- Soothing Detonation: This trait has been reworked. While upkeeping a skill, revenants are below 50% health.
This update has some quality-of-life improvements aimed at revenants. We added the ability to easily read, understand, and use these skills in this kit and they now have unique warm-up effect.
- Sevenshot: This skill no longer burns foes that cross the outside of WvW.
- Soulcleave's Summit: Fixed a bug that had unintentionally reduced the casting time of control skills across the board.
- Legends: Swapping legends can now be done in midair.
- Impossible Odds: Follow-up strikes from this trait has been renamed Healer's Resolution.
- Banish Enchantment: This skill now grant superspeed to a target, also grant quickness (2 seconds).
- Heat Sync: Adjusted might from 5 stacks for 6.25 seconds to 12 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP only.
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony: This skill now performs a pathing check before activation.
- Lava Skin: Fixed a bug in which this skill will now correctly put all attunement variants on interrupt cooldown when interrupted.
- Elements of Rage: Strike damage bonus from 7% to 10%.
- Flame Burst (Fire Elemental, Lesser Fire Elemental): Now inflicts 1 stack of burning with a 4-second duration on foes inside the radius when cast. Daze duration is 2 seconds in PvE and 1 second in competitive modes, we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing.
- Primordial Stance: Burning duration from 8 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Added indicator effects on the elementalist releases a fiery explosion at their location upon their defeat
- Lava Font: Reduced power coefficient from 1.5 to 0.01.
- Glyph of Elementals: This skill will now correctly put all attunements on finishing a fire overload.
- Beastmode: On entering or leaving water.
- Hunter's Call: Reduced power coefficient from 2.5 to 0.01.
- Damage-build soulbeasts have been increased by 10% per stack from 39 to 30 in PvP only
- Druidic Clarity: This trait switched positions with Swift Termination.
- Honed Axes: Now also inflicts 2 stacks of Battle Scars healing amount is doubled when soulbeasts are below 50% health.
- Maul: Fixed a bug in which a stowed pet would be unstowed when mounting a flying mount after gliding.
- Big Game Hunter: The damage increased by 100% in PvE only.
- Chapter 1: Searing Spell: Reduced the aftercast animation from 8 seconds to 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Symbol of Vengeance: Reduced the condition damage, or all damage, as appropriate.
- Eternal Armory: Spirit weapons as well as consistent core functionality between PvE and PvP game modes. As a result, in this balance iteration, we're looking at the elementalist profession mechanics
- Dragonhunter will automatically deactivates when it hits.
- Stoic Demeanor: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to display in the tooltip in PvE.
- Death's Carapace: Added a visual effect that changes based on the target's location in the same tier. This trait now renames the skill Desert Shroud to Sandstorm Shroud: Reduced power coefficient from 0.75 to 0.5.
- Sand Flare: Barrier granted by this trait will now also trigger when inflicting slow.
- Abrasive Grit, was previously very underwhelming, especially when compared against its chief competitor in that tier, Fell Beacon. Abrasive Grit will now prioritize players within a party, then within a squad, before being applying torment from several skills, as condition damage elementalists
The second major area that we are changing is the access to a second equipped axe.
- Eviscerate: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 300 seconds.
- Sun and Moon Style: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from granting its full might effects to nearby allies. Granting an ally barrier removes boons.
- Arc Divider: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 879 to 586.
- Charge: PvP will now use the PvP version of this trait.
- Hard to Catch: Increased cooldown from 10 seconds to 40 seconds to 35 seconds.
- Shadow Strike: Reduced cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvE only. This matches the duration of Continuum Split by 1 second.
- Detonate Cluster Bomb (Cluster Bomb (Cluster Bomb): Reduced power coefficient from 0.2 to 0.1.
- Payback: This has been reworked. It now increases power damage to players of all skills by 20%. Damage to siege weapons is unchanged for skills 1 and 3.
- With this update, we're adding more condition-related power to the Trickery specialization to match the removal of the Retaliation boon (and its replacement with Resolution).
The main change for mesmers. We're removing several traits in PvE. Chronomancer has been steeply overperforming in a damage role in all content, leading to an environment in which skills can now be activated while in midair.
- Flow of Time: This trait has been retired and replaced by Inspiring Virtue.
- Inspiring Distortion: This trait has been removed from the PvP version of the skill, which creates a cone-shaped blast that fires through the target, striking foes behind them and inflicting the crippled condition on their targets via Superior Battle Maul to deal 20% bonus damage from 10 seconds to 40 seconds.
- Time Sink: Increased daze duration from 1.5 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Three Clones Shattered: Reduced incoming damage output in order to provide a more reliable baseline ranged damage build and on to builds that have specifically chosen to trait for support.
- Mesmer mantras no longer do something you need to remember to recharge every time you change maps or respawn, or after every /gg in a fractal, strike, or raid. Holding your group up while you are standing within a combo field.
- Mirage Cloak: This trait has been reworked. It now increases damage when attacking from the side or behind by 10% in addition to causing the function gyro to daze foes.
- None Found
More about Guild Wars 2Post: "October Patch Notes written by Markov Chain" specifically for the game Guild Wars 2. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.