For Ranger. I did this build.
I don't know if GS is much strongert than SW/A. I used SW/A just because the character is human and wanted to use the Shining Blade. Used the Long bow as a defensive option, but I still know it is kinda bursty.
The question is…. I don't know how suboptimal this build is. I already built a lot of characters, so I got a strong grip of the damage a character wold have with full berserker + offensive rune + offensive traits + boons, etc. But I admit, not much experience with Rangers.
But even with all the boons this build provides for itself, the damage is pretty subpar….at least 80% of what I would expect of a full Berserker build like that…. is there something wrong with the build? Is it because it is pure Ranger, and a Soulbeast would fare a lot better? Is it the LB as a second weapon set? Is there something I am doing wrong as a Ranger?
Now for Chrono. Is there a specific reason why Sword/X is the meta weapon for it? For a long time I've followed the meta, until the Chrono shatter changes, then I tried to focus on clone spam for effects. My main build for it ended being a full healer/boon Chrono.
Now I went for a second Chrono build focused on buffs and attack, with the same mentality: Seize the moment for quickness and Mimic + WoR for Alacrity. Went for GS for multiple clones and….Sw/Sh just for extra Alacrity and Quickness if needed or at the start of the combat.
GS is a pretty reliable clone source, since I easily have three whenever Split Second is off cooldown.
With it I can keep Quickness and Alacrity way overtime….comparing to Sw/Sh. I dunno, always felt that Sw/Sh was clunky and slow (even if resourceful with the blur and boon removal). I always feel that I end up wasting more time using skills for boons than for damage.
Am I doing something wrong here too, or is it okay to use GS for it? Maybe Sw off-hand or Focus would be better for damage/support, if the shield is not or barely needed?
- Role creep is bad. If support and DPS are supposed to be the same role, that philosophy should be unanimous, not selective.
- 2:01 Deimos Record by Dispossession [dP]
- [XVII]&[bAd] Dhuum | 5 man | 9:53
More about Guild Wars 2Post: "Two questions (Ranger/Chronomancer)" specifically for the game Guild Wars 2. Other useful information about this game:
- Does anybody else feel like Soulbeast mechanically is more of a disconnect from its core specialisation than it should?
- [EoD Preface]:Setting up a beginner-oriented Condition Damage Build, understanding the Key Condi-Build Concepts in Modern GW2 and Improving your Damage Over Time.
- [End of Dragons] Let’s have a serious discussion about a companion system in GW2 (also known as heroes or henchmen)
- I feel the need to talk about the most recent ele nerf
- Rant from an extremely annoyed herald main
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.