Today I had a discussion with a newer player, helping them out, and they had a question that I couldn't answer… so I did some testing!
Them: How come guides and rotations have you use Rage skills before entering berserk?
Me: Because similar to how Rage skills state that when used, they increase the duration of Berserk, which occurs in and out of Berserk.
Them: Is it the same duration as listed in the tooltip?
Me: I… think? I've never tested before, nor seen a post about it… Let's find out!
With that, I did the following testing on the training dummy (note that I broke combat between tests):
- Entering combat and auto-attacking the golem until I had full adrenaline, then pressing Berserk and timing the duration. 15 seconds of Berserk.
- Using each Rage skill before pressing Berserk: Shattering Blow (+3 sec), Sundering Leap (+5 sec), Headbutt (+2 sec), & Outrage (+5 sec, breaking stun). 20 seconds of Berserk.
- Using only Outrage (+1 secs, no stun-break) before Berserk. 20 seconds of Berserk.
- Using Headbutt (+2 sec) into Outrage (+5 sec, breaking stun) then waiting 5 minutes (autoattacking the enemy to keep in combat) and pressing Berserk. 20 seconds of Berserk.
- Using multiple Berserks… during Berserk, using Rage skills, then stop using Rage skills; upon activating the next Berserk, I checked the duration of Berserk. 20 seconds of Berserk.
- While having Smash Brawler trait enabled, casting no Rage skills before pressing Berserk (auto-attacking to generate adrenaline). 25 seconds of Berserk.
- While having Smash Brawler trait enabled, Sundering Leap (+5 sec) before pressing Berserk (auto-attacking to generate adrenaline). 25 seconds of Berserk.
- Removing Smash Brawler trait and pressing berserk after auto-attacking enough adrenaline. 15 seconds of Berserk.
My conclusion, using a Rage skill to increase duration of Berserk outside of acts like having Smash Brawler, increasing Berserk duration by 5 seconds; this is only removed when combat ends. I did not check. Having Smash Brawler equipped gives +10 seconds, despite the tooltip stating +5 seconds (you can speculate why, but I won't do that here… only providing values).
I have updated the Wiki to describe the two-types of increasing Berserk duration (outside of Berserk & inside of Berserk): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserk
- Infinite Berseking concept
- Movement Skills like Leap or Teleport should have 2 charges on the base skill
- Chains of Emancipation Interaction: fake permanent Berserk!
More about Guild Wars 2Post: "Warrior/Berserker: Increased Berserk Duration Explanation" specifically for the game Guild Wars 2. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.