### Spellcheck yourself
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 1x (2) Evocation
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 1x (2) Wandmaker
# 1x (3) Arcane Luminary
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (5) Aegwynn, the Guardian
# 1x (5) Keywarden Ivory
# 1x (5) Ras Frostwhisper
# 1x (6) Jandice Barov
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT – https://hsreplay.net
This feels like it can compete with every other top meta deck, other than hunter (unfortunately hunter is overtaking paladin as top meta deck it seems). Excels against secret paladin in particular which was the majority of the meta during the climb. Against slower decks like priest and warlock you can take the time to accumulate resources (spellpower minions and burn) but can also play a faster removal style against board centric decks like paladin. The amount of generation in the deck makes it very flexible (like looking for ice barrier against aggro, deep freeze vs. soul DH etc).
- Secret paladin 16-2: The deck I played against the most (18/80 matches to legend, probably why this deck performed so well). With 2 copies of devolving missiles combined with flamewaker you can get early board and they can't really come back. Faced a few Libram palas too which is a harder more grindy match but definitely winnable, just keep generating Devolving Missiles!
- Control warlock 9-1: Another good matchup for us. Save devolving for Ogremancer. Warlocks apply zero pressure so we can just play slow and look for ways to close out the match with burn. Save freezes for later Jaraxxus/Strongman turns.
- Priest 3-0: Similar approach as with with warlock. Save devolving for apotheosis/buffed minions.
- Spell mage 6-5: About even. In my experience they will eventually out tempo you with a pop-off Spring Water turn so try beat them before they do that.
- Soul/Deathrattle Demon Hunter 7-3: The soul DH list has become more refined in the last day or two so expect this matchup to get more difficult. If you can generate a deep freeze it can be game ending. Go as wide on board as possible, only way for them to clear is warglaives/reckless pursuit. The deathrattle list is more vulnerable to devolving but has more early game.
- Face Hunter 6-8: Worst matchup for us. If we do manage to scrape a win, it'll be a just-about-sub-5-health kind of victory. Devolving can be good for buffed minions/imprisoned felmaw but they can play around it by going wide with Kolkar. Even finding Ice Barrier can be too slow. Unfortunately this deck has gained a lot of popularity in the last few days so our tempo mage list may need refinement for a more agressive meta. Casie's mage list for GMs this weekend runs 2 Shooting Stars and 2 Brain Freeze which is probably better against Hunter/Gibberling Druid.
- Rogue 3-1: Feel the sample size is too small to make a judgement. Just a straight up tempo battle. Feel like our burn requires less conditions than the Tenwu/Alex/Shadowstep shenanigans so have confidence this is a good matchup.
- Druid/Warrior/Shaman: Didn't play against enough of these classes to say anything. Will say that gibberling druid is probably a terrible matchup without Shooting Star but could be wrong. Should beat Shaman based on draw superiority alone.
- Tempo Storm Wild Hearthstone Meta Snapshot #69 – November 10, 2020
- No-minion mage is pretty good: a small guide for standard.
- Tempo Storm Wild Hearthstone Meta Snapshot #65 – September 14, 2020
More about HearthStonePost: "Aeg Tempo Mage: P5 to legend" specifically for the game HearthStone. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.