Hey everyone, this guide is for a deck i'm having tons of fun with and also a pretty good winrate.
~65% (31-16 plus a few games on mobile). About 15 of those matches were played yesterday as soon as the miniset dropped. However, as this deck thrives against slower control decks, the further we go into the expansion i'm expecting the winrate to drop to something like 58-60%.
Played the deck mainly in legend, used it a bit in rank 3-1 but i would suggest something else if you want to climb fast because my games in rank 3-1 were full of aggro rogue and face hunter.
### Quest 2.0
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 1x (1) Supreme Archaeology
# 2x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 2x (2) Mo'arg Artificer
# 2x (2) Nether Breath
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 1x (3) Deathwarden
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 1x (4) Cascading Disaster
# 2x (5) Crazed Netherwing
# 2x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
# 1x (6) Tickatus
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, the Defiler
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Card explanations, tech choices & potential swaps:
- Armor Vendor: the new card from the miniset, works very well in this deck, especially since we're not playing the soul package.
- Nether Breath: i mainly use it with Mo'arg for sick heals, works well at killing the big threats (Flesh Giant, Mana Giant, Libram of Hope Knight if you manage to pop the divine shield) while also healing.
- Aranasi & Plot Twist / Sense Demons
- Alexstraza: i found myself using it mainly for self heal
- Dragonqueen: since we're drawing pretty quick the effect can go off, however if you have to use it to corrupt Tickatus just go for it. This card is in the deck for corrupting Tickatus and being a dragon, the effect is a bonus.
- Crazed Netherwing
- Nether Breath
- Dark skies
- Hysteria: this card is just nuts. It can clear Rogue's stealth minions, it can clear big minions, it can clear mostly any type of board. Will talk more about it in the Matchups section below
- Cascading Disaster
- Crazed Netherwing
- Acidic Swamp Ooze: playing two of those because i was mostly facing Weapon Rogue, Face/Highlander Hunter and all kinds of DH. All of those classes have 3 mana weapons so if they drop them on T3 the 5 mana pirate comes too late and it was mainly usefull vs Evolve Shaman and Bomb Warrior because stolen weapons don't get respawned by Hoard Pillager.
- Deathwarden: i think this card is being slept on. It ruins the 0 mana libram, it ruins Rattlegore, it ruins Envoy Rustwix/Kanrethad and it is a better body than the 2/1 owl. Be careful if you want to use this and Hysteria if this minion dies before the deathrattle minion, the deathrattle will still trigger even though both minions die during the same spell.
Warrior (2-2): Big Warrior highly favored. Deathwarden and Tickatus are the MVPs of this matchup. You either burn their big guys or you silence & kill them with Deathwarden. You also have 2x Ooze for the weapons. Bomb Warrior is highly unfavored. Destroying the weapon doesn't do much as they can respawn it. Deathwarden vs Dr. Boom is decent but in the end you can't do much if you eat a few bombs + 3 dmg per turn from Galakrond.
Druid (2-2): Spell Druid is Balanced. Need to mulligan for AOE here, sadly Hysteria doesn't kill more than 2 treants in this matchup. Deathwarden is very good vs Soul of the Forest. I think Mountseller version is easier to win than the Treant version. Corrupt N'zoth Druid is Favored. Tickatus is good for burning the Ysera Dragons. Only thing is to have a plan prepared for their N'zoth turn.
Rogue (5-3): Slightly favored. Oozes against weapons, Deathwarden against Sneaky Delinquent. Basically if you get the answers (of which you have plenty of) you win, it really depends on the first few turns.
Mage (5-3): Small spell mage/Elemental mage is highly favored. They don't have a lot of burn dmg (unless they get some sick spells from Evolution/Mana Cyclone) and this deck runs enoug AoE for their threats. Secret mage i'd say is slighty unfavored mainly because this deck doesn't run Mortal Coil so Counterspell will eat a good spell if not on coin. Mozaki mage is unwinnable unless their Mozaki is at the bottom of their deck.
Warlock (5-1): Zoolock is balanced i'd say. You have enough AoE and healing to stall long enough (the only loss i had was because of bad draw). The new Rustwix Warlock is Favored but you have to play it carefully. Deathwarden for Rustwix/Kanrethad, at some point there will be a vectus so you can't fully avoid having some primes in their deck. However you have enough AoE to deal with their primes and if you time Tickatus right you can burn some of them. Only way i see losing this matchup is them getting a crazy Solarian.
Priest (4-0): I've only faced rally priest which is highly favored but i think any variation of priest is favored. Only way of losing is them getting a good Illucia.
Hunter (2-3): Slightly unfavored. Two of the losses were before teching Deathwarden. The other loss was against Highlander Hunter which drew the perfect Zephrys while i didn't draw any heal.
Demon Hunter (2-3): The new tempo and Aggro DH are both balanced. Soul is unfavored and OTK is unwinnable unless you get a lucky Tickatus but 90% of the time they draw their pieces before you can use Tickatus.
Paladin (4-0): Highly favored. One of them was a Duel Paladin and he pulled Tickatus from my deck and somehow burned a C'thun piece (don't remember how) and i still won. Pure Paladin only has a chance of winning only if they pull a Libram of Hope with Alura on turn 4.
C'thun: you can go through your whole deck, use 3 C'thun pieces and on the last turn before fatigue you use the 4th C'thun piece and draw a 0 mana C'thun.
Tickatus: burn 10 cards from your opponent with Tickatus and Y'Shaarj, that's usually enough to kill them through fatigue.
You also have enough tools to just outstand your opponent and win it through classic control.
Thalnos + 2x Mortal Coil. If Weapon Rogue rises even more i could see these cards being run against their 1 HP minions.
Khartut Defender: Good for stalling against aggresive decks but counter productive with the Deathwarden.
Siamat: Good for corrupting Tickatus, as you might have seen the deck doesn't run any 7 drops and there have been games where i could have used Tickatus one turn earlier. However i think this is too slow for the current meta.
More about HearthStonePost: "C’thun Quest Warlock (featuring new cards)" specifically for the game HearthStone. Other useful information about this game:
- Anyfing paladin is still viable in wild high legend.
- Hearth Friends Society Chinese Wild Weekly Report #1: Reign of Three
- Is it just me or is the Wild meta-game all over the place and needs to be looked at by the gameplay designers
- Early Legend with Spell Damage Mage
- #Pay2Lose #BigYogg BIG YOGG DARKMOON RACE STANDINGS: In Celebration of Pro G*mer Hitting A Whopping 10 Twitter Followers, IF THIS POST GETS 300 UPVOTES, He Will Produce the Best SoundCloud Rap [hiphop music genre] EP About A Video Game EVER, About Hearthstone!!! (PROOF AND RULES INCLUDED)
Top 7 NEW Games of February 2021
Looking for something new to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch in February 2021? Here are the notable video game releases.
Top 20 NEW Open World Games of 2021
2021 will bring us tons of open world games for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Switch, and beyond. Here's what we're looking forward to.