Content of the article: "Disgusting: how much dust it costs to earn the 14,800 XP from the Darkmoon Faire achievements"
Hi hearthstone, it's your old pal /u/JamieFTW here again.
To add insult to our Reward Track injury, Blizzard has made it so that 14,800 XP is available to be earned from the Darkmoon Faire Achievements (from the main screen click/tap Journal > Achievements > Gameplay).
This XP is earned by completing 3 achievements per class at 1,100 XP each x 10 classes (11,000 XP total), and 3,800 XP from neutral achievements for a total of 14,800 XP.
BUT.. of course there is a catch. To earn this XP you have to use very specific cards. I've tallied up all the dust costs here so you can see just how high the bar is that Blizzard has set.
I have assumed:
- You own none of the cards, and the cards we will craft are preferred to be from this set so we can use them in Standard.
- You want to finish the achievements ASAP by using the maximum number of copies per deck.
- You want to finish the achievements ASAP by not having to use less optimal (i.e. time wasting) "replacement" cards.
- You are not willing to spend tens (hundreds?) of hours in Duels finding the cards in buckets and getting lucky in-game.
Trigger/spoiler warning: as usual in Hearthstone, Priest gets screwed the hardest of the classes – but we, the players, get screwed even harder.
Here is the complete list, with the results at the bottom:
|Class||Achievement||Task(s)||Card(s) required||Dust required|
|Demon Hunter||Good Arm||Destroy 5 minions in a single turn with Throw Glaive||<
|Demon Hunter||Not So Lonely||Control a Redeemed Pariah with 10 Attack or higher||<
|Demon Hunter||Feeling Ill… gynoth||Deal 10/30/100 damage with Il'gynoth's effect||<
|Druid||RIGGED!||Guess the Weight correctly 10 times||<
|Druid||Sun and Moon to Me||Cast 6 Lunar or Solar Eclipses in a single game||<
|Druid||Leaf Us Alone||Summon 20/100/200 Greyboughs||<
|Hunter||Ride Together, Die Together||Control 3 identical Deathrattle minions||<
|Hunter||Toss Me!||Launch a minion at your opponent for lethal damage||<
|Hunter||Tonk Commander||Deal 50/150/500 damage with Darkmoon Tonk||<
|Mage||You Can't Take it Off||Deal lethal damage with Mask of C'Thun||<
|Mage||Hall of Mirrors||Control 4 Occult Conjurers at the same time||<
|Mage||Your Future is Clouded||Draw 5/20/50 cards with Sayge||<
|Paladin||Yrang?||Restore 100 Health with High Exarch Yrel||<
|Paladin||YoggChamp||Deal lethal damage with Oh My Yogg||<
|Paladin||Lothraxion's Balloon Shop||Give 10/30/100 Silver Hand Recruits Divine Shield||<
|Priest||Spoilers!||Summon a Fortune Teller with 10 Attack or higher||<
|Priest||One Has No Name||Steal 3 or more enchantments at once with The Nameless One||<
|Priest||You're G'huunna Be Sorry||Spend 10/30/100 Health to play cards as a Priest||<
|Rogue||Forbidden Jutsu||Summon a 10+ Cost minion with Shadow Clone||<
|Rogue||Myra's Unstable Empress||Draw 5 cards with a single Grand Empress Shek'zara||<
|Rogue||IT'S SO FLUFFY||Deal 10/30/100 damage with Prize Plunderer's Combo effect||<
|Shaman||Two Punch Man||Deal 16 damage from Hero Attacks in a single turn||<
|Shaman||Scary-Go-Round||Transform 14 minions at once with Revolve||<
|Shaman||Darkmoon Woodshop||Buff 10/30/100 Totems with Grand Totem Eys'or||<
|Warlock||Missing: Holy Hand Grenade||Play a Darkmoon Rabbit for 1 Mana||<
|Warlock||My Friend is at the Front||Draw two Demons with Free Admission and reduce the Cost of both to (0)||<
|Warlock||Escalating Antics||Destroy 5/15/50 minions with Cascading Disaster||<
|Warrior||Mine! Mine! Mine!||Destroy 5 minions with a single Minefield||<
|Warrior||Tent of out Tent||Play a 0-Cost Tent Trasher||<
|Warrior||Bass in Your Face||Trigger 5/15/50 Drum Solos with E.T.C., God of Metal||<
|Neutral||Embrace the Void||Play 15/50/150/500 Corrupted Cards||<
|Neutral||Coulrophobia||Control a board full of Carnival Clowns||<
|Neutral||Dermatology||Play a Horrendous Growth with 7/15 Attack or Higher||<
|Neutral||Harmless Little Bunny||Destroy 5/10/25 minions with a Darkmoon Rabbit||<
|Neutral||No Pathetic Cards||Kill your opponent from full health with C'Thun, the Shattered||<
|Neutral||It's N'Zothing, Really||Resurrect 6 minions at once with N'Zoth, God of the Deep||<
|Neutral||F2PBTW||Play a 0-Cost Corrupted Card, 1/10/30/100 times||<
|Neutral||Yogg Take the Wheel||Spin the Wheel of Yogg-Saron/to win the game||<
|Neutral||Wheel of Misfortune||Get 3 different/all outcomes from the Wheel of Yogg-Saron||<
We crafted one or more of these cards already for another achievement so we don't count the dust twice.)
Adding this all up, you will need 28 Common (1,120 dust), 14 Rare (1,400 dust), 20 Epic (8,000 dust), and 15 Legendary (24,000 dust) specific cards to complete all these achievements – for a whopping total of 34,520 dust.
You are really testing the patience of your customers here Blizzard. Not cool. Not cool at all.
Apologies if this has already been written up elsewhere, I only just realised this and I thought it might be useful for the community. Special thanks to) /u/SpookyGhostbear for saving me some typing.)
- Final Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Card Reveal Discussion [November 11th]
- The Faire-ly Mad Pre-Release Reveal Chart – All currently known cards on one spreadsheet, updated daily.
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Card Reveal Discussion [November 10th]
More about HearthStonePost: "Disgusting: how much dust it costs to earn the 14,800 XP from the Darkmoon Faire achievements" specifically for the game HearthStone. Other useful information about this game:
- A new archetype: Gala-less HL rogue.
- [Faction] There can only be one…of each card! – The Highlander Hunter Guide
- Tempo Storm Wild Hearthstone Meta Snapshot #70 – November 25, 2020
- The fact that we were progressing towards easier and more accessible quests only to slip back into quests that are restrictive and force you to do something you don’t want to do is worrying
- The year is 2024. You boot up Hearthstone.
- An Old Dog with New Tricks: D5 to Legend with Non-Odd Dude Paladin
- Refining Aggressive Combo Rogue
- The Duels tournament is an unmitigated disaster
- I never thought my homebrew decks would help me climb!
- After 6 years of achieving Legend with Oger. It’s all Oger now.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.