Content of the article: "I had 27 out of 200 friends online for the day of the expansion. I added close to 150 last expansion. The game is dying, there is NO DOUBT about that. The problem is that T5 is not trying to save it but to Squeeze the living out of it before it crashes completly. (in a 2-3 years)."
As I write this post, this game isn't even in the top grossing games of Android (over 200 entries), while it still is on the top grossing mobile games list ever on wikipedia (no. 36), showing that the game is fastly dying in a more objective manner.
Most people I know DID quit because of the expensiveness of the game and most people don't stay as well as a lot of people we all know did buy 20 or 40 dollars in cards and got exactly enough dust to craft 1 or maybe 2 legendaries. Every now and then we get that streamer highlight of someone buying 20 packs to get dust for a deck, and getting not even enough dust for a legendary.
We all have been there, having no dust to craft something we need and disenchanting 3-4 epics to get there and regretting it. What we're not seeing is the normal people that say "fuckit" and don't come back.
Blizzard doesn't care about people coming back and that's the biggest problem. They have accepted this game as a sacrificial lamb and are testing the waters on it. They did even say so when putting it on Youtube Streaming (Who tought that would work? No one, they just threw it out there for sacrificial purposes), they don't want to kill overwatch just yet, but they are trying to see how much they can get away with HS probably to try to get to the limit on their next games.
The system is working exactly as it intended. It's gonna squeeze the living soul of everyone STILL playing it. The game is most likely on it's last legs (don't get me wrong 2-3 years is a lot still) and is most likely gonna see updates as long as it's profitable, but there is a hard squeezing way ahead.
Edit: I finished writting it, I somehow pressed enter and got it published before finishing.
Edit 2: I went to the top 500 grossing games and wasn't there either. I got around to 550 and clicked on one by mistake and took me to the top so I stopped but I'll update if anyone finds it.
- Returning player fixing to spend his dust.
- I’m extremely sick and tired of Eververse
- I don’t want to quit Hearthstone
More about HearthStonePost: "I had 27 out of 200 friends online for the day of the expansion. I added close to 150 last expansion. The game is dying, there is NO DOUBT about that. The problem is that T5 is not trying to save it but to Squeeze the living out of it before it crashes completly. (in a 2-3 years)." specifically for the game HearthStone. Other useful information about this game:
- Comprehensive list of the ways Blizzard has made Hearthstone more expensive as years have passed. Let me know if I missed anything and I will add it to the list.
- WEEKLY UPDATE: Collecting data on the new XP system
- I have been a f2p player since Naxxramas; I have no hard feelings about leaving the game.
- Old School Miracle Rogue – Looking for feedback
- Blizzard will never improve
- Hearthstone forces users to ‘keep up’ with the cards as released. If Blizz lets players who’ve kept up previously drop now, it’s not just a blip that will correct next expac – they will be much less likely to grind to catch up than users of any other game.
- Deck Lists Compilation – November 2020 | Weekly Report #82
- Legend with Yogg Quest Rogue
- Cards that you would ban if you could!
- Let’s face it, it’s not just battle pass – this entire expansion is dumpster fire
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.