Content of the article: "Is Ysera, Unleashed a fair and balanced card?"
Whenever an opponent plays this card, all I can think is, "Wow, SEVEN dragons down the road. That's many. Even the animation needs a 2nd visual just to show that many going into the deck."
Certainly a 4/12 do-nothing minion for 9 mana is pretty lame, but my question is: Should Ysera, Unleashed give seven freebie* minions?
If we look at OG Ysera, how many end-of-turn cards can she give, on average, before she dies? 2? 3?
If we take that as a barometer, where 2-3 in-hand cards that vary in power is worth 7 in-deck minions that vary in power, we can ask "is that a power-creep, or is it fair?"
In my opinion, 7 is unfair; it's just a bit too many when we're considering "dragons" as a tribe. There are 48 dragons in Standard, but only 47 of them are able to be summoned (Nozdormu cannot).
Out of those 47:
9 have 5-6 stats (2/3, 3/2, 4/1) — 19.1%
- Poisonous, Deathrattle, Lifesteal, Cannot Target, Rush, Spell power included
7 have 8-9 stats (3/5, 3/6, 5/3, 4/5, 5/4) — 14.8%
- Deathrattle, Cannot Target, Rush, Divine Shield, Spellburst included
9 have 10-11 stats (2/8, 4/6, 5/5, 5/6, 6/5) — 19.1%
- Deathrattle, Rush included (weakest group for keywords)
6 have 12-13 stats (4/8, 4/9, 5/7, 7/5, 7/6) — 12.7%
- Deathrattle, Spell damage, Spellburst, Taunt, End of Turn card included
16 have 14+ stats (4/10, 4/12, 7/7, 8/8, 12/12) — 34%
- Deathrattle, Cannot Target, Taunt, and some insane keywords First spell free, Spell damage +5, end of turn Dream card, Take damage generate 6/6.
Now, if we're talking free* minions, anything is nice, but those topmost 3 groups of stats add up to a 65.8% chance of rolling a well-to-excellent statted minion. So, 4.6 of your 7 minions will be very good, on average, with the chance of being sometimes incredible.
I say Ysera, Unleashed should be nerfed down to 5 Dream Portals.
So, now you know what I think and the overall details of this popular card. What do you think?
*By "free" I of course mean paying for them with lack of initiative on the drop turn.
- World boss idea for hearthstone, an interesting concept.
- Final Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Card Reveal Discussion [November 11th]
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Card Reveal Discussion [November 9th]
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about HearthStonePost: "Is Ysera, Unleashed a fair and balanced card?" specifically for the game HearthStone. Other useful information about this game:
- A New License to Quest Hunter
- GOLLY BOB-HOWDY, I AM trying to find the best build of Wretched Tiller combo.
- GOLLY BOB-HOWDY, I AM trying to find the best build of Wretched Tiller combo
- HearthArena The Darkmoon Races Tierlist Update
- Math in Hearthstone #5 – the quick and dirty of 3 card combos, and why Hysteria might kill Raza/Big Priest in Wild
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.