Content of the article: "I’ve been playing Hearthstone for 6 years, here’s why I’m calling it quits now…"
So I started playing HS back in mid 2014, I remember seeing YouTubers playing it and thought it looked fun so I decided to play it myself, I really enjoyed it, even through the most frustrating metas like face hunter and pirate warrior I always came back to play more.
I used to play a lot of constructed and arena, I was pretty bad at arena when I started playing it but watching Kripp's videos helped me improve a lot, actually got my average up to 7-8 wins, but in recent times, since the release of Battlegrounds really, I've only really played BG's, it's loads of fun and has a lot of replayability, despite how unlucky you can get sometimes.
But here's why I'm quitting the game now, I used to pre-order all of the expansions, but since I don't play constructed anymore I've stopped buying them, in fact Darkmoon Faire is the first expansion I haven't bought, but when I logged on yesterday to play some BG's I noticed that my perks were gone, (for anyone unaware the BG's perk allows you to chose from 4 heroes instead of 2 and shows you your BG's stats). I saw that I'd have to pay 2,000 gold (or £13) to reacquire the perks, not only would I have to re-purchase something I already owned but the perks would expire every 4 months, (after the release of a new expansion), and would need to be continually re-purchased.
I don't have a lot of free time to rank up their new battle pass system to get enough gold to buy the perks, and I refuse to pay £13 every 4 months to have an enjoyable experience on something that used to be free, so given that the only game mode I play in HS is no longer F2P I've decided to quit HS.
So that's it, after more than 6 years of being a dedicated player, spending God only knows how much money on this game, and building a large collection in-game, Blizzards relentless greed has finally driven me away, it's a damn shame because like I said I've enjoyed playing HS even through the worst times in the game, but charging me for the BG's perks coupled with the replacement of the old quest system with a battle pass has made me quit.
I'm really disappointed in Blizz, after the amount of time and money I've put into their game, I can no longer play it.
- You NEED to be able to purchase Hearthstone’s “Tavern Pass” with something rather than real money. (like almost EVERY SINGLE other “big game” with a Battle Pass).
- The New System’s Predatory Nature
- Putting How Bad the Battle Pass would be into Perspective
More about HearthStonePost: "I’ve been playing Hearthstone for 6 years, here’s why I’m calling it quits now…" specifically for the game HearthStone. Other useful information about this game:
- I did it! Hit legend for the first time!!!!!!!!
- In response to Kibler’s question: How HS has gotten more and more expensive over the years and what Blizzard has done to counteract that.
- Blame the Game Director for this mess
- Hearthstone is an addiction.
- Climbing back to top 1000 Legend with Mad Boi (enrage) Warrior
- Blizzard’s lack of transparency and continued silence is irresponsible
- The “debate” on wether or not the new system is better is meant to divide us and obfuscate the real issue: $500 a year does not even give you CLOSE to a full collection.
- A Small Guide to Reaching Legend with Soul Demon Hunter
- Streamers asking community to calm down are helping Blizzard in ruining the game.
- Best Willd deck according to AUTOCOMPLETE.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.