As I'm sure many of you are, I've grown bored of the current meta. The priest/druid nerfs didn't really have much of an affect for me in terms of making the game feel fresh so I've been trying to piece some off-meta decks to have fun until the new expansion. I made some absolute disasters, but think I might of stumbled upon something that I was hoping to get some second opinions on and hopefully get help optimizing the list for the current meta.
May I present to you Outcast Aggro Demon Hunter:
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Felfire Deadeye
# 1x (2) Kor'vas Bloodthorn
# 2x (2) Redeemed Pariah
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (3) Gan'arg Glaivesmith
# 2x (3) Line Hopper
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Stiltstepper
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 2x (4) Vilefiend Trainer
# 1x (5) Zai, the Incredible
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
My focal point started with Zai and Bloodthorn. Both seemed extremely strong in a vacuum, but historically never actually caught on. Bloodthorn was much more limited in the sense that if we were to abuse her, we would need a substantial amount of support outcast cards which just tends to lend itself to a more Aggro/Tempo style of play compared to Combo/Ctrl. That left Zai, if anything as a value/top end choice that could increase OC cards for the fun to continue with BloodThorn.
Given this newfound direction of Aggro/Tempo it was only natural to use the amazing cycle DH that checks off both OC and draw. Thereafter, I decided that given the current meta, the only real choice was to get underneath decks and surprise them with hyper Aggro like the golden days (especially with the opponent most likely thinking they were facing a midrange Tempo deck -DR DH).
So far I have been pleasantly surprised, as I assume my opponents have been.
Here I'll give a critique of each card and how I see it best used:
- Battlefiend – Soft-taunt that can put out some absurd damage if left unchecked. Synergy with anything that gives your hero damage, there are plenty of examples in this list.
- Crimson Sigil Runner – Cheap cycle that not only gives a tiny body, but helps get the Pariahs to that 4 hp break point. Chip damage or a tiny body to soak up an attack.
- Demon Companion – It fills in curves, and all 3 options are useful. Nuff said.
- Fury – Extremely versatile, but I've noticed I save them typically for a final burst the most, otherwise typically used to clear must-kill minions.
- Illidari Studies – AMAZING CARD purely because this allows you to look for answers in case you get caught in an awkward position or really in spot you may be in the game.
- Chaos Strike – Cheap cycle plus damage.
- Felfire Deadeye – Another soft taunt that makes a nice one-two punch with Battlefiend. Mana discount and draw are the name of the game and this provides the former.
- Kor'vas Bloodthorn – Again, the focal point. Bloodthorn will shock you on how many games she can close out by either finishing, but she has a very penflinger-esque feel that can keep you out of death's grasp against other aggro decks while still making their life total hit zero. I'm still figuring out the best ways to use her, usually late-game, but you can weave her in early to be mana-efficient if you have the luck/skill with your outcast cards, high IQ card imo.
- Redeemed Pariah – Nobody is expecting these right now and is the reason why I think I'm trashing Druid right now. Like adventurers, the goal is to either get them out early so you can gradually buff out of range or have a more combo affect where you try to buff them in one turn. Again, only takes one OC card to get to the 4 hp break point.
- Spectral Sight – Cheap cycle/OC.
- Gan'arg Glaivesmith – Not much to say beyond it has an aggro body, gives your hero that damage and provides more OC for synergy.
- Linehopper – Another soft taunt that if you are fortunate to get out with a Pariah will end the game if you have enough resouces in hand as it makes this low curved deck almost free. Also is a great combo with Bloodthorn for the exact same reason.
- Mankrik – The 30th card, I think I would start here for substitutes. It is obviously a solid card and works well to curve out with further upside, but I find myself wishing for some more front loaded damage instead.
- Stiltstepper – I really like this card. I think it is actually quite OP, but has the condition that your curve needs to be low so you can play whatever you draw off the top. We have that with this deck and it really lets this card to shine. It is also probably one of the higher IQ cards in the deck as you can't just curvestone it like a lot of the other cards.
- Kayn Sunfury – He is clutch… charge 3 damage at 3 mana is solid and his ability to ignore taunts can just straight up win you games. It is really satisfying to watch your opponent struggle to stabilize the game to only see a Kayn charge out allowing you to finish them off.
- Vilefiend Trainer – His cost made me question him, but he provides a lot of stats with the OC tag and with everything else being so cheap I never really have an issue getting him to OC.
- Zai, the incredible – Value-generate, I find myself typically waiting to copy burst damage as if he is going to be played it is at a point where I am relying on Kayn to finish them off in one turn. However, you can just play him on curve, his 5/3 body packs a punch and it can allow you to continue to have enough resources to continue the pressure so the opponent can't stabilize. I believe he is a high IQ card that will test your skills to really maximize his potential.
Mankrik is the only card I was really itching to replace. I was thinking maybe Kreen, Felsteel Executioner, or even a Felsaber. I also was thinking maybe there were some sort of buff mechanics that could take advantage of Bloodthorn, but nothing seems to catch my eye in that respect.
I'd like anyone's opinion on how to improve this deck for the meta or really just any thoughts at all. If nothing else maybe it will give somebody some entertainment to play something that is currently off-meta.
- Tired of Illidan’s grasp in the meta? Join wild now!
- What would you even buff for wild?
- Card draw/deck consistency is too strong
More about HearthStonePost: "OC Aggro" specifically for the game HearthStone. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.