I decided to take a quick look at the QM Matchmaker and see how comps usually turn out to be. Lots of people say assassin fiesta happens all the time, others claim that they have good comps most of the time, and we all have that big discussion that doesn't go anywhere.
Heroes Profile actually has a feature where you can see the comps, winrates, popularity and number of games. I set it up to the last 6 patches, so it goes from patch 2.52.0 to current patch (2.53.0). I'll also analyze only the comps that got 1000 or more uploads to make this easier, but the results shouldn't be that much different. Here's the direct link to the page: Link
So, let's get some numbers going: This is based on 1,224,781 replays uploaded.
Only tank (these comps can have anything except healer): 13.02%
Only healer (these comps can have anything except tank): 34.38%
Tank + healer (at least 1 tank and 1 healer on these comps): 38.82%
Bruiser/support (without tank/healer but at least 1 sup or 1 bruiser): 12.16%
Only assassins (only melee and ranged assassins on the comp): 1.62%
Some takes from those numbers:
– Looking at these numbers, we can say that you get the dream comp (tank + healer) a bit more than 1/3 of the time. This also means that if you queue as a tank or as a healer, you have a bit more than 1/3 chance to get the other. But also remember, not having a tank as a healer, but having 2 bruisers can be just as fine, or not having a healer but having a bruiser + support.
– We can also say that there is a 86.22% chance of having a comp with at least a tank or a healer, which is more than 4/5 of the time.
– Comps without any tank or healer happens 13.78% of the time.
– Comps that aren't just full assassin fiesta (melee/ranged, no other roles at all) happens impressive 98.38% of the time.
Another thing I've noticed in that page, is that most comps that got a bruiser have a high winrate. This is interesting, because even if you don't have a tank, having a bruiser with a healer, or double bruiser, or even triple bruiser means you usually have a good frontline and they most of the time have ways of healing themselves. Even a bruiser + support comp can work very well.
Now, I'll show my last 100 games where I queued as assassin (melee or ranged) and the comps I got, following the comps I showed before:
Only tank (these comps can have anything except healer): 21
Only healer (these comps can have anything except tank): 20
Tank + healer (at least 1 tank and 1 healer on these comps): 31
Bruiser/support (without tank/healer but at least 1 sup or 1 bruiser): 22
Only assassins (only melee and ranged assassins on the comp): 6
So, even though some of them are kinda off (it's just 100 games anyway), we can see that full assassin fiesta only happened 6 times in my last 100 games queueing as assassin. That is a very low number, which kinda agrees with the number on HeroesProfile.
Of course this is all taken from HeroesProfile and isn’t official data from Blizzard, but since the amount of games is really big (more than 1.2M), I can say that this data can be very accurate.
Anyway, hope you guys liked it. It took me a while to get everything together.
- Another thread complaining about the massive amount of CC in this game
- One week later – Balance Patch Discussion
- ‘Fixing QM matching system’ vs ‘Making QM-Dodge to official function similarly’
More about Heroes of the StormPost: "A quick look at the Quickmatch Matchmaker and its comps" specifically for the game Heroes of the Storm. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.