Content of the article: "“Do You Want To Build A Snowman?” – Hero Discussion: Mei"
Welcome to the continuation of the Subreddit Anomalies – Hero Discussions 2020, where we feature in 2020 & beyond a rotating hero discussion randomly when the HotS devs rework or release a new hero that is the talk of the town, the Reddit community demands a hero discussion, or the mods feel sufficiently compelled to create one based on community feedback or engagement.
This week we feature Mei who is classified as a Tank in the new Blizzard Roles system. Upon release, Mei quickly became one of the meta tanks with slight tuning in the balance patches that followed. This is Mei's first "official" hero discussion on the subreddit.
Mei – Adventuring Climatologist
HotS Birthday & Cost (Link): June 23, 2020. 750 Gems / 10,000 Gold
- Nexus Compendium – (Link)
- Balance History – (Link)
- List of Recent Streamer Builds – (Link)
- Icy-Veins: Mei – (Link)
Recent Spotlight – Analysis – Build Guides
- Hero Spotlight – (Link)
- JHow: Mei Build Guide – (Link)
- NotParadox: Mei Talent Review – (Link) Wave Clear & Engage Build – (Link)
- Heroes Hearth – Kyle Fergusson: How to Mei –
- Fan: Avalanche Builds – #1 (Link) – #2 (Link)
- Kyle Fergusson: Mei Solo Queue – #1 (Link) – #2 (Link)
We no longer have the HGC, but there is still organized play coordinated by Heroes Lounge and Nexus Gaming Series that can give us a glimpse into builds and comps that work well with Mei prior to the balance changes. Heroes Lounge recent matches can be found on their EU & NA season sites and NGS hosts their meta on Heroes Profile.
- Mei is classified as Medium Difficulty to play, do you agree?
- When do you prioritizing drafting Mei and on what maps?
- What heroes do you draft to counter a Mei pick?
- Which of Mei's skins do you prefer to equip and is there any mount synergy to compliment the skin?
- Are there any particular hero synergies to complement a Mei pick?
- Is Mei an early, mid or late-game hero, and where are the significant power spikes"
- Is there a particular build you would recommend to someone wanting to learn the basics of Mei?
- Is there a particular Mei build or talents you would recommend for ARAMs?
- Is there a high skill cap build you favor to optimize Mei's performance and create flashy plays?
- Do you have any tips or tricks for positioning Mei in team fights and on rotations?
- Which heroic do you favor with Mei and are their times you prioritize the other one?
- Do you think Mei is balanced; if not, what abilities or talents should be reworked?
Previous Hero Discussions – (Link) & The sidebar for r/Heroesofthestorm is updated to include the Hero Discussions wiki.
Please Upload Your Replays to Heroes Profile & HotsLogs – Uploading your replays to these sites provides better data for the HotS community to analyze and learn from. HotsApi has been on the fritz for a bit, so your best bet is to use these sites uploaders or web upload sites.
- “Your Life Is Now Forfeit!” – Hero Discussion: Uther
- “Faith is my mirror!” – Hero Discussion: Yrel
- “The Crusade Calls” Hero Discussion: Johanna
© Post "“Do You Want To Build A Snowman?” – Hero Discussion: Mei" for game Heroes of the Storm.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!